Totaled 361

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Put a plug in it, Ill bet it runs still...

Yes Im serious.

do it...put a plug in it!

I see some broken cooling fins, the top of the handle is missing, plug is broken off in the boot, the tank looks like it was spared, muffler, recoil all look okay. The air filter housing is gone, but the carb is there, looks like the controls are still intact as well.

The bar cover was removed, the nuts are missing, so I assume it is okay, the bar and chain dont look bent either.

Ill bet you it will run with a new plug.

If that saw was dropping in front of me at work, and someone said "see if you can get it to run", I wouldnt bat an eye, it actually looks to be in good shape structurally. The cooling fins are busted off, run it a little fat and keep it clean, the compression release can be replaced easy enough.

Last edited:
http://www.arboristsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=83297&d=1228367124

Ebay: Slightly used chinsaw. Run gret when I put it up last year. I think its a Stihl. Spose to be gud saws. Dont start no more. Dunno why. Wife says she may half ran over it. May only need some carb, tweek, or tune, or mabe, sum JB, weld. I hanged it frum a rope and it has gud compassion. I dunno bout no saws. NO RETURN! SOLD AS IS! NO PAYPAL! NO CRUDIT! CASH AND MO ONLY!

Last edited:
Put a plug in it, Ill bet it runs still...

Yes Im serious.

Actually the tank was busted, and the coil and flywheel rub together now on a couple of points. The on/off switch was completely torn off.

Some one mentioned bore cutting, we actually use it alot when we are directionally felling, or when wedge placement is critical. He didn't consider the bore becuase the bark and top were in good shape, it had a lean toward the road (we had a backhoe to clean up the mess and move the logs) and the heart wood was solid.
I think it all boils down to expect the unexpected anytime your felling hazard trees.
The busted saw did give me a nice prop today to use in our annual fire refresher when talking about hazards and situational awarness when felling trees.

Actually the tank was busted, and the coil and flywheel rub together now on a couple of points. The on/off switch was completely torn off.

Some one mentioned bore cutting, we actually use it alot when we are directionally felling, or when wedge placement is critical. He didn't consider the bore becuase the bark and top were in good shape, it had a lean toward the road (we had a backhoe to clean up the mess and move the logs) and the heart wood was solid.
I think it all boils down to expect the unexpected anytime your felling hazard trees.
The busted saw did give me a nice prop today to use in our annual fire refresher when talking about hazards and situational awarness when felling trees.

Wonder why the coil rubs? The starter looks pristine, and all that is under the recoil housing.

May just need the gap reset...

Gas tank isnt all that much when you factor in the cost of the saw. Id still try to fix it...honestly. I dont know why, it just looks so pitiful...so full of life, yet so in need of attention.

Actually, the damage DOES look a bit familiar. Got any vid of your squashed bug? Its the ugliest and fastest under 60 I have ever built.

Here is a pic right after it was smashed with a trailer hauling a skidder, and right before it took first and second place in an under 60cc race in Cloudcroft.
357xpVSGooseneckTrailer001.jpg

You mean this one? Check out the medical tape holding on the top cover. I think it still has a headache.

Andy

Latest posts

Back