Trailer light question......

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wife'nHubby

Wife'nHubby

Addicted to ArboristSite
Need a connector to get from Point A to Point B.

Any ideas?

100_0198.jpg
[/IMG]

Shari

wampum

wampum

Staff member
. AS Supporting Member.
They sell an adapter at most RV stores. I believe I saw them at the Tractor store. I have several trailers,it makes it easy with the adapter.

Here is a pic. Not exactly like mine but it should give you the idea. The 4 way plugs into the back.:

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/att...in-4-flat-adapter-wont-work-help-plz-7pin.gif

Heres a better picture:

http://saclandrover.niello.com/accessories.php?action=details&catalog_id=6097&category=233

While looking for a pic I saw several on fleabay. Hope this helps Dave

Last edited:
Wife'nHubby

Wife'nHubby

Addicted to ArboristSite
Yeah, the connection on the truck is showing it's age. That 4-flat has to stay that style due to other trailers which have the same 4-flat. The new trailer has the 6 round and I'll be jeebered if I can find a 6 round/male end which connects to a 4-flat. I'll hit a local RV trailer store tomorrow.

Shari

Beefie

Beefie

Addicted to ArboristSite
Wooo I think we told you wrong. You will not find adapter to go from a vehicle 4 flat to a trailer 6 round. I would cut off the 6 round and put a 4 flat on it. the trailer dosn't have brakes right?

Beefie

Wife'nHubby

Wife'nHubby

Addicted to ArboristSite
Beefie - Correct - no brakes on the trailer. I'd really like to just find an adapter if I could. The wiring on this trailer is all that high-quality waterproof type wiring/lights. Plus, most of the wiring is internal. I don't know if you were speaking of ripping everything out or just changing the end connection. I've wired before so that's not a big deal.

Rookie1

Rookie1

Addicted to ArboristSite
Shari,you may have to make your own adapter. Im not sure Ive ever seen 4 flat to 6round. Or you could put a 6 round on the truck and get an adapter from 6 round to 4 flat for your other trailers. By the way,"whos"on first?:dizzy:

freemind

freemind

ArboristSite Guru
I all reality, you are gonna need to change the plug on your trailer. The adaptors they sell go from a big plug (truck side) to a smaller plug (trailer side), not the other way around.

You may be able to find a multi-plug that plugs into your truck wiring, that will have both a 6 prong and a 4 prong. It will replace your 4 wire on your truck now. These new "in-line" kits are a piece of cake.

Something like this:
TAP 7 RV blade to 6 round #4 flat Trailer Connector with Center Pin Electric Brake | Adapters | Northern Tool + Equipment

But it should be made for your truck.

It is either this type of plug, or a re-wire on the new trailer.

J.W Younger

J.W Younger

ass kissing impaired
Just wire the 4 flat to the trailer.The white is ground the brown is tail llamps the green I am pretty sure is rt turn and yellow is left turn, these (green and yellow) are also the stop/hazard lamps.

WidowMaker

WidowMaker

Addicted to ArboristSite
Yeah, the connection on the truck is showing it's age. That 4-flat has to stay that style due to other trailers which have the same 4-flat. The new trailer has the 6 round and I'll be jeebered if I can find a 6 round/male end which connects to a 4-flat. I'll hit a local RV trailer store tomorrow.

Shari

==

A Hopkins Towing Solution #47175, installed on tow vehicle will handle both plug styles...
or this
http://www.redtrailers.com/ShowItem.asp?id=118700

another

http://www.towready.com/content/products.aspx?lvl=3&parentid=1500&catID=1575&part=118700

use dealer locater to see if theres a dealer near you...

Last edited:
needwood

needwood

ArboristSite Operative
Call Uhaul

I had just a 4way on a truck a few years back. Rented a trailer from them that had a 6way and they sold me an adapter for 20$. It worked, but I wouldn't leave it like that but if you just need to get it home I would try them.

Wife'nHubby

Wife'nHubby

Addicted to ArboristSite
Well, as a follow up - As a veterinarian would say "I snipped it - no going back now." :)

I think I have a Fibber McGee thing going on here now. Existing wires are not the white, yellow, green brown combo I'm used to seeing. Argh!

Shari

J.W Younger

J.W Younger

ass kissing impaired
Well, as a follow up - As a veterinarian would say "I snipped it - no going back now." :)

I think I have a Fibber McGee thing going on here now. Existing wires are not the white, yellow, green brown combo I'm used to seeing. Argh!

Shari
What I do is put a battery or charger on the front and ground it, then as each wire is touched too positive note which filiment in which light illuminates. There may be a better way but this works for me.

Latest posts