Tree Job, what are your thoughts...?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't give up on calling the tree guys. You will eventually hook up with one that will be more than happy to load your wagon.

I just gave around 6 cords of Pin Oak away to a member of this site. Came out of three large removals I did last week. I don't subscribe to the notion that Joe firewood cannot cut at a professional level. I do believe that anything like you have pictured should be done by an insured pro. Why would you want to take the risk? Let an insured pro handle it in the event anything does go wrong. The guy I gave the firewood to last week is not an inept cutter. Hell, he has better gear than me in many regards and could fire up his own tree service if he wanted. He is just smart enough to have figured out how to make a living without breaking his back. He is safe, is an excellent saw hand and a decent feller. This is the second time I have loaded his wagon. First time we did it the easy way with a crane. This time I had my guys load him up. He even helped with the job. His saws and help were invaluable on the job and I even paid him for his expenses. He saved me a lot of time and money. If you lived closer I would hook you up as well.

WOW! Awesome stuff man, sounds like the guy that you hooked up owes you more then a few cold ones! I appreciate your support and opinion, I'm in total agreement with you that it's not worth messing with. I don't mind doing the little stuff, but this big junk is WAY out of my league and I don't mind saying so! I'll keep at it with the tree service people. I need to make a list and just start calling again. The one guy that I got a hold of did say that he makes more cash off chipping and selling the mulch then anything else. He also said that it gets hard just having huge piles of logs around if you don't have the room for it. So, yeah, I'm sure I'll run into a situation where a tree service NEEDS to get rid of wood and I'll be there with old F350 flat bed... It is too bad your not closer, I'd take everything ya got! :D

Max

Back