Tree job

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unclemoustache

My 'stache is bigger than yours.
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Spent the last two days doing some tree removal. 4 Silver maple, 1 oak, 1 gumball, and topping 1 elm.

Silver maple #1. Camera angle carefully hides the less-than-perfect stump.
IMG_3144.JPG

Silver maple #2. Rather proud of this stump/notch/hinge.
IMG_3145.JPG IMG_3146.JPG IMG_3150.JPG

Monster oak - I forgot to put a tape on this one. I bet it's 4 1/2 feet across.

I had intended it to fall directly towards my truck, but it went to the right.
IMG_3150.JPG
Here's the stump and notch. You can see there was a bit of rotten wood to that side. There was also a few branches pulling it that direction. I tried to leave a bit more holding wood on the other side to help keep it straight, but I guess it wasn't enough.
IMG_3151.JPG IMG_3152.JPG IMG_3153.JPG

2 of my sons helping, and a nice view of that big oak. Ever since I started doing a bit of milling, I now see all these logs for their milling value rather than their firewood value. Wish I had a bandsaw mill now, and room to do it all (and a market to sell the slabs!)
IMG_3156.JPG IMG_3162.JPG

The other trees weren't worth taking photos of, except the big gumball in the front yard. Forgot to get any pics except for the one with my boys working. Had a house and power line to work around, but all came down well and safely.

Nice work. I have had a few less-than-awesome hinges on trees. I'd like to do some slabbing of trees but I don't have the raw material let alone the equipment. :(

The boys have some work to do on their moustaches :).

Latest posts

Back