Tsumora bars

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Shooters Apprentice

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
The factory 24” bar on my 460 Rancher is about done.
I’ve been a fan of Tsumora bars, but have never bought a new one. The ones I have have all come on saws, or were left over from my dads pro falling days. But I do not have a 24” small mount on hand.

where is the best place to find these bars? I found some in ebay, but having trouble finding a actual dealer.

where is the best place to find these bars? I found some in ebay, but having trouble finding a actual dealer.
That's probably because you're spelling it wrong. Try searching for "Tsumura" with a "U", instead of an "O". Lots of places come up in a search.

The factory 24” bar on my 460 Rancher is about done.
I’ve been a fan of Tsumora bars, but have never bought a new one. The ones I have have all come on saws, or were left over from my dads pro falling days. But I do not have a 24” small mount on hand.

Archer. Hands down. Just send Minor Karnes (owner) a message with your intentions; buying several items.......or a single bar. He gives 10% off with a simple phone call/email. Archer products are made in Australia, and I keep 10-20 bars and chains here all the time. I service alot of saws.

He and his Son run the business, out of their barn. eBay ID : archerplus Tell him I sent you.

say what ? ....they have the same mounts as Tsumura bars , bought my last bar on amazon also , however sugi bars i buy from ......woodcuttersgarage.com
Mount pattern is offered by dozens of different mfgers. Oregon, Archer, Tsum, etc. You can get a new bar at TSC. The mount pattern K095 is all you are shopping for. A 24" set-up will be 3/8" - .050 - 84 drive links stamped on the bar. The Archer bar, for that 460 Rancher, which is in front of me, is Pt#24AO-RN-UHE. and yes, they also carry the exotic bars.

Archer. Hands down. Just send Minor Karnes (owner) a message with your intentions; buying several items.......or a single bar. He gives 10% off with a simple phone call/email. Archer products are made in Australia, and I keep 10-20 bars and chains here all the time. I service alot of saws.

He and his Son run the business, out of their barn. eBay ID : archerplus Tell him I sent you.
I agree they are great to do business with. Most archer stuff is made in China though (the company is from Australia I think). And unless they moved Archerplus is in a hot tub/spa store. It's a trip going in there.

interesting. last one I had was had a adaptor plate you could buy to fit whatever saw you wanted put it on.
You can buy Sugi bars in almost most any flavor you want. I probably own at least thirty Sugi and Tsumura bars. Lately I‘ve switched to Oregon Versa-Cut on 20” and under, suggest you look at those.

For your information all Archer products are manufactured in China not Australia, the company is called Archer Australia but that's as Australian as it gets.
I'm not fussed on their bars or chain, I sold them for a little while but too many problems.
As far as the Tsumura bars go they have an excellent bar ( not the lightweight ) but nose is not too good since they went from a 6 rivet to a 4 rivet nose, I and many others have destroyed the noses in the later bars, Tsumura is the only bar I have destroyed a nose on in over 35 yrs of using various brands of bar. My personal choice of bar is the GB titanium pro top.

For your information all Archer products are manufactured in China not Australia, the company is called Archer Australia but that's as Australian as it gets.
I'm not fussed on their bars or chain, I sold them for a little while but too many problems.
As far as the Tsumura bars go they have an excellent bar ( not the lightweight ) but nose is not too good since they went from a 6 rivet to a 4 rivet nose, I and many others have destroyed the noses in the later bars, Tsumura is the only bar I have destroyed a nose on in over 35 yrs of using various brands of bar. My personal choice of bar is the GB titanium pro top.
+1 for the GB!
I also have a 28" Tsumura Light, It's holding up quite well. The tip too, time will tell
This is where I got my Tsumura Bar = https://www.taequipment.com

Latest posts

Back