Tsumura/Total bars

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ronaldo

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Friend of mine said our local Husqvarna/ Jonsered dealer told him that Total bars would no longer be available as they have gone out of business or have quit offering them.......or something along those lines.
I am not sure if it would be Total or Tsumura that has gone out of business or if any of this is even true?????
Any one heard anything on this?

Somebody posted about the total bars not being available. I can't remember who, I'm fairly certain it was a dealer. Don't quote me and hopefully somebody else can think of that thread???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just to clarify the confusion: Tsumura of Japan is not going out of business. They are still manufacturing chainsaw bars and brushcutter discs and selling them under their own name.

What happened is a US company called Tilton, which owns the name Total, is either going out of business or going through a rough patch: you'll find as many versions as you want. This means until the dust has settled down Total bars will be limited to the existing stock: you can still buy "grey import" Tsumura products (which are exactly the same thing as Total bar the name) outside mainstream channels.

Hope this helped you out.

I might add 'thechainsawguy' is great to deal with.
I received my bars quickly and they were exactly what I was looking for.
That's funny I just placed an order with the 'thechainsawguy' myself a few hours ago. He is a good guy to deal with and we are lucky to have a Canadian dealer for the Tsumura bars.

I love my sugihara and cannon bars i'd love to get my hands on a total/tsumara bar sometime.
Are they making Sugi's for Husky yet? I had one with those stupid spacers and it didn't matter what color they said worked for Dolmar, they didn't work well. I got rid of them to guys that had Stihls.

Speaking of Canon bars.

Any word on their lightweight bars yet?

Sent from my non internal combustion device.

Bill Challenger (owner of cannon) told me he had something no one else had thought of on the lites... can't wait for Cannon lites to hit the market!

Latest posts

Back