Tuning a MS-361..?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like I dang near started a war between folks with my question. Sorry about that. I was just looking to learn how to make my saw run better both in and out of the cut.

I just don't understand why it's such a "big deal" with some when a question is asked about "a saw" and others on jump in because it's not their "brand" of saw. What difference does that make?? I guess I need to be more careful about what I ask when it comes to saw adjustments on "some brands". Sheesh!!!!

Looks like I dang near started a war between folks with my question. Sorry about that. I was just looking to learn how to make my saw run better both in and out of the cut.

I just don't understand why it's such a "big deal" with some when a question is asked about "a saw" and others on jump in because it's not their "brand" of saw. What difference does that make?? I guess I need to be more careful about what I ask when it comes to saw adjustments on "some brands". Sheesh!!!!

Nothing for you to be careful about. Trolls will be trolls.

Ok...I've read the PDF file. I'll just be stupid and ask....Will I need to remove the limiter caps? If so, do I have to put new caps on?

I know...so many questions and so little time. :dizzy:

Ok...I've read the PDF file. I'll just be stupid and ask....Will I need to remove the limiter caps? If so, do I have to put new caps on?

You know, someone may come along behind me a correct this, but I think if you put a tach on it and CAN tune it to 14K, then there would be no reason to remove the limiter caps. But maybe that's not possible without removing. But, the thing is, you really need the tach if you want peak rpms. I can comfortably tune any of my saws by ear...except the 361. So, without a tach, I probably run it too rich. But I'd rather sacrifice a few RPM's than burn up the saw. I know, I know...just go out and get a tach, litefoot.

Standard setting caps must not be removed NO

Basic setting the caps have to be removed YES

Read again this time slow down a bit :mad: slap,, bang,,, ruler on the desk pay attention Boy.

sorry if i came accross as an ahole Dennis,

you will find that if you dont conform to the stihlist way of thinking you will be called a troll, myself and NDtreehugger included.

blackballed by some b!shes.

like i give a rats...

actually i have caught hell because they feel you lack sufficient intelligence to realize the saw i posted the pick of the tach was not stock.

:cheers:

Well, all I can say is that I get a lot of good help, advice, and even new friends here on AS. I come here to learn and not to fight about who's saw brand is the best.

In my book? If you have, care for, properly service and tune a saw of ANY manufacturer? Then that is a good saw for what you intended to use it for.

I've been through several saws and I chose a Stihl because I did not like the way other saws felt in my hands. One of these days my little Poulan saw will crap out and then I'll buy me a small Husky-varnee saw to help broaden my chainsaw horizons. :)

Peace and goodwill to ALL men.

"Application of the term troll is highly subjective. Some readers may characterize a post as trolling, while others may regard the same post as a legitimate contribution to the discussion, even if controversial. The term is often used to discredit an opposing position, or its proponent, by argument fallacy ad hominem."

:agree2:

That PDF is based on a saw with the limiters in the original position - if you deactivate them it is a bit simpler......:)

You know, someone may come along behind me a correct this, but I think if you put a tach on it and CAN tune it to 14K, then there would be no reason to remove the limiter caps. But maybe that's not possible without removing. But, the thing is, you really need the tach if you want peak rpms. I can comfortably tune any of my saws by ear...except the 361. So, without a tach, I probably run it too rich. But I'd rather sacrifice a few RPM's than burn up the saw. I know, I know...just go out and get a tach, litefoot.

"Application of the term troll is highly subjective. Some readers may characterize a post as trolling, while others may regard the same post as a legitimate contribution to the discussion, even if controversial. The term is often used to discredit an opposing position, or its proponent, by argument fallacy ad hominem."

What? No videos?

:dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

if you insist.

this one goes out to all my Playa' haters.

:laugh:

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LMptFT_0tHk"> </param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LMptFT_0tHk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object>

Latest posts

Back