Twin City Saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Many of you in the Minnesota area know this store as an institution. Has been one of the highest volume chainsaw dealers in the region (STIHL, Husqvarna, Jonsered), along with servicing commercial circular and bandsaw blades.

I just learned that the owner, Roger Fuerstenberg, passed away right after Thanksgiving. Roger took over the store from his father, who sold McCulloch chainsaws, and serviced crosscut saws. Although, when I asked Roger about the latter recently, he replied, "that guy doesn't work here anymore!".

Roger was an astute businessman, but still very hands-on with the saws. I often heard him in the back working on saws or sharpening blades. And when he came to the counter, he was often wiping his hands with a rag.

He had a very practical approach, based on 50+ years in the business, that was evident when you heard him talking with a customer about choosing a saw or diagnosing a problem. He was patient with my fussy questions, and willing to talk me through some repairs that he knew were impractical at his shop rates.

The store will continue to operate with the longtime staff and family members, but Roger will be missed.

Roger J. FUERSTENBERG

Age 70 ~ Of Roseville, MN On November 26, 2012 Avid boater and owner of Twin City Saw. Preceded in death by father Alphonse. Survived by wife Cheryl; mother Marion; siblings Ruth Schoenrock, Gail Hermann, Deb Fuerstenberg. Loved by many. Mass of Christian Burial Friday November 30 at 10:30am with visitation 1 hour prior at Guardian Angels Church, 8260 4th St. North, Oakdale, MN. Reception to follow at Bayport Marina Clubhouse. Memorials preferred to the family.

Last edited:
Thanks for letting us know about Rogers passing Phil.

I remember having several good conversations with Roger about his McCulloch brand chainsaw sales, and how good that product line was from the 50's through the 70's.

Back