Two broken hearts in one day, I'm so mean

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel your pain Brother, Things like this are exactly why I stopped working on motorcycles & ATVs after 20+ years - I just can't take it anymore......

I could write a book about people like you just described, and it's funny how these same people still ask me everyday to work on bikes for them and really give me a hard time about it when I refuse - they act like I'm obligated to them or something. I just don't get it.

The average joe has no idea what it's like to be a mechanic.:angry2:

Matt
I know what you mean by getting out of the business! Even as a young kid I worked in a auto parts store and after a wile I had every part number for a Chevy or Ford motor memorized. From main bearings to air filterers. Then you would get some guy come in the store and tell you that you gave him the wrong starter for his truck. Then it would turn out he has a 460 not a 351 but all along he insisted it was a 351. Sometimes it was so funny they would'nt know if it was a v6 or v8. All they could say it was a blue 3/4 ton ford. I always found women were much better to deal with. They came into the shop with no idea at all and asked for help or new exactly what they wanted.
Now Thall if I was the guy with the string trimmer I would have brought you a six pack of the finest micro brew beer you ever drank! For a job well done and not charging me labor!I just did that at my Jonsered dealer and all they did was give me a spare plug for two of my saws and said no CHARGE for that.

Tom, you can always charge 'em the labor when they bring their equipment back to have you put the RIGHT parts on... :buttkick:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

Just wait, I have more of my friends lined up with broken saws, blowers, and trimmers coming Coming your way.
Teach ya to mess with me.

I should have known those two were from up your way Manual, oh I'm gonna getcha now, you wait, you gots to pay for sending me charactors like that, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:ices_rofl:

Last edited:
Tom, you can always charge 'em the labor when they bring their equipment back to have you put the RIGHT parts on... :buttkick:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

LOL, thats ok Woodie, I've come up with a plan now. Putting up a sign in bold letters, IF YA DON'T WANNA PAY POLITELY GO AWAY,lolol, that shoudl solve the problem with these cheap suckers and dummies...

Don't bother, The next guy I have lined up to go to you is blind.
You should remember him, you sold him a trimmer as a walking cain.
He told me he wants all the kinks taken out of the shaft.LOL

Last edited:
Those Stihl shops can afford not to charge for 'labor'. They've got enough of a markup built into their parts prices to more than make up for both a profit on parts and labor. HAhahahahahahaha!

$60 for a handle?????? That's a $5 part. You do the math.

Those Stihl shops can afford not to charge for 'labor'. They've got enough of a markup built into their parts prices to more than make up for both a profit on parts and labor. HAhahahahahahaha!

When those shops start charging $900.00 for bars and chains like you do those old reformed hammer heads then you can say we're crooks Sap. Till then you wear a big sign on your back, I'll Stick Ya,LOLOLOLOL

Tom, I think you were very fair to not charge labor. Those guys were just being cheapskates.

I agree with ya Don but it seems now they want the parts for free as well and want us to pay for their ignorance too, tant gonna happen, not for them, not even for ole Sappy,hehehe

Don't bother, The next guy I have lined up to go to you is blind.
You should remember him, you sold him a trimmer as a walking cain.
He told me he wants all the kinks taken out of the shaft.LOL

I must have sold him that ole Husky trade in I got, it did have alot of kinks in the shaft, but thats the norm Manual,:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Which part of China do you get Stihl handles for $5 SAP??? Typically a $60 part a dealer is lucky to clear $15 maybe even $10 If a dealer can not make $$ why be in business?? You still have mortgages, insurance, and utilities to pay and that is before putting any food on the table or a shirt on your back.

Scott

Thall as long as these wern't the hearts you broke...

Borrowed pics from Dennis on Gypo's thread..

attachment.php

attachment.php

Scott

So I've got this Stihl chain I bought last year and cut four cords of wood with it and it's not cutting right so I figure it's a warranty issue and I deserve a new chain.

Right you are Steve. I'm here to help you. :bowdown:

Just send your warranty issue chain to me and go wait patiently by your mailbox.
:biggrinbounce2:

Well even with free labor you guys still make a killing on the parts! That ought to cover your ten dollars an hour pay so at least your boss breaks even. LOL

Two peas in a pod you guys are. If you lived closer together maybe you could get together for a skim mochachocacrappalatte.

I suppose THALL doesn't have to worry about silly things like overhead. He should drive around with a truck full of parts and knock on doors asking if people want free parts for their broke OPE, free labor, or both. What a bastard he is for making a buck!

Which part of China do you get Stihl handles for $5 SAP??? Typically a $60 part a dealer is lucky to clear $15 maybe even $10 If a dealer can not make $$ why be in business?? You still have mortgages, insurance, and utilities to pay and that is before putting any food on the table or a shirt on your back.

Scott

Excellent points, Scott and Tom. Remember, the negative comment comes from the guy that takes trashed hammer heads ( a $0 part) and sells 'em for $900, with NO warranty of any kind. Now THAT is a royal ripoff...

He also makes "custom" screen doors out of Home Depot con com redwood 2x6s and freaking deck screws. Nice joinery jackass!! Ask him how much he charged for those. Another royal ripoff!!

Rb the only overhead Thall has is his do!

Yep, you're right. But if he starting giving away parts AND labor how long do you think he'd be working for the guy that pays the overhead? Do I really have to explain this to a business owner?

Excellent points, Scott and Tom. Remember, the negative comment comes from the guy that takes trashed hammer heads ( a $0 part) and sells 'em for $900, with NO warranty of any kind. Now THAT is a royal ripoff...

He also makes "custom" screen doors out of Home Depot con com redwood 2x6s and freaking deck screws. Nice joinery jackass!! Ask him how much he charged for those. Another royal ripoff!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

What say you to that Hostaboy?

Tom, you better be nice to that Yuppie 250 owner, cause we all know that he will be getting the 441 next ;) .

Latest posts

Back