Two broken hearts in one day, I'm so mean

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Champ gets a busted up trimmer brought in by a ‘scaper,
‘Scaper thinks the parts are too high, forgets free labor favor,

When you give a man free parts you think he’d be content,
No, he goes and talks trash to his buddies as his way to vent,

Won’t even go face to face as he climbs Champs a$$,
A man like that doesn’t say it but he shows he has no class,

A yuppie with a two fifty comes in later that very day,
He pries off the handle and now expects ole Stihl to pay,

Champ says I doubt it, but for you I’ll see what I can do,
Stihl says you broke the handle so this time it is on you,

Now Champs fixes up the saw, only charges for the part,
No charge for the labor ‘cause he’s got a big ole heart,

Says that’s way too much you’re chargin’ me to fix my little saw,
His forty-dollar offer really stuck in the Champs craw,

Now I know you wondering why the Champ took neither fight,
‘Cause Champ’s in the Heavy Division and they were truly Light.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Sir Joatman your a man of class and have that writers touch. You never cease to amaze me with those fine poems of yours. they are GREAT, I love em. Keep em coming. Don't pay no mind to that heathen Woodie, I'm shining up this steel toe Wolverine for him now,hehe

Quite obvious you have very fast fingers, going back and forth, back and forth and back and forth. I want to see your palms Woodie,LOLOLOL (KABOOM)

Still upset with me over my earlier "waxing the caddy" joke, I see... :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Still upset with me over my earlier "waxing the caddy" joke, I see... :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Not at all, I see now why it was on your mind, show me those palms, awwwwwwww I knew it , a blister, here, use this, it will only burn for a minute, (hands Woodie a bottle of Heat),hehehe

I hate to pick on Sap since he seems to come and go so much but my brother has been a tile, slate and marble sitter for 35 years. He said he has never in his 35 years ever seen anyone put floor marble on countertops, he was quite amuzed at Saps work there when Sap first posted that pic a long time ago.
I never seen him grin so much in my life...

That picture has got to be a JOKE. Right?
That cant be for real.
NO WAY !!!
I can think of some Goofy ways to respond !!!
But not this time. :dizzy:

That picture has got to be a JOKE. Right?
That cant be for real.
NO WAY !!!
I can think of some Goofy ways to respond !!!
But not this time. :dizzy:

Sap was quite proud of that job Kevin, why no one knows...

Carry my PP(personal protection), in my wallet Woodie, never leave home without it,:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Prolly never return home without it, either... :buttkick:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

And with that, Woodie's knockout blow of Mr. Tom T. Hall, he will retire for the evening.

Night all!

Prolly never return home without it, either... :buttkick:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

And with that, Woodie's knockout blow of Mr. Tom T. Hall, he will retire for the evening.

Night all!

Ha, boy I got stock in Good/Year for my own PP,LOLOL, nite Woodie..

Fellow come in this morning with a trimmer, pull rope assembly shot, head cap and spool worn away. Tells me to go ahead and put a new pull rope assembly on, replace the cap and spool and load it with string. 15 minutes later he comes back to get it and its ready to go. The bill was for one pull rope assembly, one head cap, one spool. Charged no labor nor for the string fill up. 2pm I get a call from this man's freind telling me that Donny is upset with me so bad he's thinking of going elsewhere. I said why is he upset. Apparently he felt the price for the parts were too high though he loved the no labor and free string fill up. I call Donny and leave him a message to call me, we gots to talk. Since I charged him no labor I think he's wanting free parts as well. He's yet to call me back, I can't wait.

Case number two. Man pinches his new 250 in a tree and pulls and prys and snaps the handle at the bottom. He pried so hard he bent the bar as well. He wants Stihl to pay for it. I tell him I doult they will cover that but I would call on his behalf and ask. I did just that and Stihl said no, he broke it, not us, I agreed 100%. Replaced the handle. Bill was for the handle, no labor since I felt bad for the guy and it only took a few minutes. He comes in at 5pm to get his saw. I tell him the bad news, its his baby. He hemms and hauls and I finally had to tell him listen, you pried on that saw so hard you not only snapped the handle you also bent the bar. He stands there and won't leave. I say listen, you only paid for what you broke, I didn't charge you a penny to put it on, be happy. Handle bar was list price, 60.05. He goes well will you drop the price on the handle to 40.00. I said hell no, ya got all ya gonna get. What a day. River I wish you had been with me today so I could prove the ole saying of the customer is always right is a bunch of BS..
Thall never I mean never feel bad for charging for your labor. I am not a saw shop guy
I fix mostly my own stuff , but if was in your biz I would dern sure be getting paid. I would never ask a shop to guarantee a saw that I pulled a dumb a?? on and ruined I would either tell him what happened and laugh, or if it was too stupid be ashamed and buy a new one.

Last edited:
People that take advantage of service pi?? me off!
I went out to bid a tree and the guy said, will you cut
and haul it, and grind stump for the firewood? I gritted
my teeth said no I would have more in fuel than your tree
would make in wood and bid 550.00 he asked if I would do
for four hundred? I told him no and the price just went up
and will know cost him 700.00 and left. He calls me four days
later and asks if I would do the job and I said yes for 700.00.
He then tells me he will get back to me. His neighbor a client
of mine calls me and said his bids have all been 800.00 and up!
To be continued lol.

Back