Two dead mills!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobL

No longer addicted to AS
. AS Supporting Member.
I guess I have survived this long because I always put in a "dollop" more oil than that, and I never mix exactly 5 L of fuel, usually it's a smaller amount that I have to eyeball in the jerrycan and I try to be conservative.

I'm also the fan of the "extra dollop" and one time I even worked out what represented and it came out to be 38.5:1.

This is a really good lesson for all of us - paid for by Dan.
We all pay for lessons, eventually. . . . .

john taliaferro

john taliaferro

Addicted to ArboristSite
I'm also the fan of the "extra dollop" and one time I even worked out what represented and it came out to be 38.5:1.

This is a really good lesson for all of us - paid for by Dan.
We all pay for lessons, eventually. . . . .
SORRY DAN I always do one bottle ultra with 2 1/4 gallons 93 and figured that to be bout 40 to 1 ?

srcarr52

srcarr52

We can't stop here, this is bat country.
I just bought a case of the little bottles from Baileys that go straight into a 2.5 gallon tank for 50:1. Did this after my friend smoked an 026 and his outboard in the same week. Fixed the saw and gave him the oil to protect my time investment.

$1 of oil is not worth a $500 saw. Just my opinion. When I'm running anything hard I'll give it the extra splash for good measure.

I know a lot of snowmobile engines are starving for oil from the factory to meet emissions, many people back the auto oilers off a little more and then mix oil in the tank to bump it back under 50:1. Theory is that the mixed fuel gets to parts of the engine better then the injected oil.

jimdad07

jimdad07

Addicted to ArboristSite
Trying to catch up in the milling forum a little bit and was reading this thread. Very sorry to hear about your losses. You might want to get those saws back and get a p and c kit for both of them. You would be amazed at how easy it is to make the repairs you need yourself. I have been running the Stihl mix at 50:1 and have had no problems. I run my milling saw pig rich and it puts up with some punishment.

Latest posts