Type B or C fallers in Willamette Valley??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MoonshinerPSD

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Got certified this weekend for chainsaw use on the fire line as a Type A. Wondering if there are any fallers out there who have worked on the fire line as a B or C so maybe I could get my booklet marked off... If a fire is needed nearby ill bring a burn barrel... :angry2: :hmm3grin2orange:

Got certified this weekend for chainsaw use on the fire line as a Type A. Wondering if there are any fallers out there who have worked on the fire line as a B or C so maybe I could get my booklet marked off... If a fire is needed nearby ill bring a burn barrel... :angry2: :hmm3grin2orange:

With a post like that I''ll bet the offers will be phenomenal!

I am astonished by the overwelming posts as well cutter. And had quite a few friends ship out to Arizona, course they are on national crews and my crew has yet to be called up, so hopefully within the next week I'll be getting a call.

alott of them are prob in arizona right now .

Not too many cutters have gone south- mostly agency fire crews, hotshots, helitack, and some jumpers have gone out as overhead. I got an order through ROSS two days ago as a HEB1 but I'm covering two stations right now as duty officer.

To answer the OP- I'm a retired contract log cutter and am now an agency admin, and have been an agency class "C" for 18 years.

Not too many cutters have gone south- mostly agency fire crews, hotshots, helitack, and some jumpers have gone out as overhead. I got an order through ROSS two days ago as a HEB1 but I'm covering two stations right now as duty officer.

To answer the OP- I'm a retired contract log cutter and am now an agency admin, and have been an agency class "C" for 18 years.

There is a real need for certifiers at all levels. Jacob's Fire Training. Has a nice ring don't ya think?

I'd like to make the jump to "C". I don't often see anything that big on the fireline where I work, but the complexity rating would be super-useful in my job. We've got a lot of super-gnarly ten-times-burned stuff and bullets in everything, and my "make-it-go-where-I-want-it-to" success on fire-damaged wood is abysmal.

I'd like to make the jump to "C". I don't often see anything that big on the fireline where I work, but the complexity rating would be super-useful in my job.

It's a useful qualification to have, especially when working the bigger fires. Down here though I've used my falling skills just as much working for the district recreation folks as anything else. There's a lot of residual hazard trees in the campgrounds. It's not so much in demand though when applying for jobs. About the only outfits that care about falling quals are the hotshot crews or maybe the jumpers.

Back