UFS (Unidentified Free Saw)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imij73

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Yeah, its a Sears, but part of the model number is missing. I need a bar and chain for this saw, can anyone help me? My father in law gave it to me. I replaced the fuel lines, and adjusted the carb a little bit, it runs great. Any help bringing this back to life would be great.

Ah, ha! YOU'RE the one who broke into King Tut's tomb! Kidding of course, but that thing IS old. I'm sure someone here can help you. You should also try www.acresinternet.com. It is Mike Acres site and he is a sponsor here. You'll find that it is an oft-visited and very valuable resource.

I'm sure you're aware that the Sears/Craftsman tendancy is to sell other people's products under their own name. Just from looking at Mike Acress site it is a Power Producs engine along the lines of Craftsman serial number 917.63205. Have fun with it!

Dude, I think you helped me solve my model number mystery. :clap: Now if I can find bars, and chains for model# 91763201. Sears parts lists a chain for that model#, but I would buy my chain with the bar, so it matches.

UFS Unidentified Free Saw

I have one red and white (not blue). Under side of air filter cover has markings D-44. Also two model numbers, 917.351061-17" B & C, 917.351071-21" B & C. I could not find either on acres site. The # 917.63205 looks like my saw. Tom

UFS Unidentified Free Saw

917 prefix designates Roper Corp. as manufactor. You asked about B & C, my saw has a Windsor 3/8 chain with A50 on drive link. The bar is a Sears with the numbers 6 68 6155H1 and tool steel tip on it. Hope this helps. Tom

I've got one very similar to that. There's a picture of it over at Mike's site. Mine uses 7/16ths chain so check your drive sprocket. It's a good running saw, 5.8ci, and has cut a lot of wood over the years. Not any more of course. I think it was purchased new around 1970.
John........

You will probably have to make a bar fit it. I doubt you will find a new one. What is the chain pitch?

I have two D-44's in orange and white.

Yorksaws015.jpg

SearsD-44001.jpg

I like how it says keep chain sharp and clean air filter daily. People must of stopped doing that when they stopped putting it on the saws.:laugh:

Let me check tommorrow I have a lightweight you can have for shipping if you want or just bar and chain.Dave Sorry just saw the date.

I just got back from York yesterday and wish that I had known you had a saw for the taking when I was there. By the way, would you be willing to grab some saws for me locally if I could work out a deal?

Back