• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Unusable bars

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crispexx

ArboristSite Operative
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I’m looking for 2 or 3 unusable 20” and 25” .050 3/8 bars. I’m making a sharpening jig so I will be welding angle iron to the bars and they are only for holding the chain. If your willing to part with some old bars sitting on a shelf wasting space for cheap (or cost of shipping??) let me know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m looking for 2 or 3 unusable 20” and 25” .050 3/8 bars. I’m making a sharpening jig so I will be welding angle iron to the bars and they are only for holding the chain. If your willing to part with some old bars sitting on a shelf wasting space for cheap (or cost of shipping??) let me know!

EDIT: I’m making a sharpening jig for guys at my fire station.

I don't have any - but good idea!

48b50e2668f169ef1af2f63e5a469408.jpg

037371f9be77e55cc8781a83411b6b5f.jpg

cb0196c38e5a8c7c7c7517e77ae172d8.jpg

3efb41386c04b62cd379763b22c9be50.jpg

Stop by any full service saw dealer: STIHL, Husky, ECHO, whatever. Tell them who you are, and what you are doing, and they will probably help you out.

Please post more photos of your finished products too.

Philbert

I stopped by the local stihl dealer yesterday but they didn’t have any. I have a few more dealers not to far away I’ll be giving a call

I have a couple of Stihl 20" bars, rails are worn to the point that i wouldn't run them but will certainly do what you're asking. I'm not sure what shipping to california would cost but let me know if you're interested.

I have a couple of Stihl 20" bars, rails are worn to the point that i wouldn't run them but will certainly do what you're asking. I'm not sure what shipping to california would cost but let me know if you're interested.

Yes absolutely! The 20 inch is probably the most in demand one since we carry a lot of 261s in our unit.

Back