Unusual Pictures Of The Stihl 090 070 and Contra

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I asked awhile back if anyone here had a link to pics of containers of knock off Stihls from Red China. I would like to save the pics. Does anyone remember the thread?

I gotta say those African saw dudes are TOUGH! I have an 090 that I run a few times a year and I am not ashamed to say it kicks my butt. The lack of anti-vibe makes my hands and arms hurt for days. The weight is almost more than I can handle. I have no love for this saw and I don't use it enough to attest to its durability. I would rather have an 088 than the 090.

Then there's the German Military Contra Kit:

attachment.php

congo_rainforest2.jpg

I like his PPE, and his eye's shut. :dizzy:

Interesting cut.

The plug in the corner of the undercut should shatter the butt or at least pull some mayjor fibre.
Gypo

1307.jpg

:jawdrop: Doesn't look good at all.

Hopefully, he at least cut the "weak" side first, and wedged it - but then there is that "plug"......

Last edited:
An 090 is only fun to run for a short time. The 090AV I enjoy running and it seems smooth and powerful enough, alot of grunt. For working with each day the MS 880 is hard to beat if you need a big saw. I look forward to running that saw.

Mr. HE:cool:

An 090 is only fun to run for a short time. The 090AV I enjoy running and it seems smooth and powerful enough, alot of grunt. For working with each day the MS 880 is hard to beat if you need a big saw. I look forward to running that saw.

Very true, the 088 is nice to use if modded out a bit, but these natives sure make that 090 look like an indestructable tank, for that I have big respect.

Look at this white honky though. He's probably the guy that is responsible for the destruction of the rainforest! Lol
Gypo

running_chainsaw_mill-1.jpg

That last one looks like he is pushing the saw???

Maybe it is running backwards.:hmm3grin2orange:

The saw is worth more than the house in the background. BTW points for having an ubersaw, points taken for wearing a pink head scarf. Some one, not me, should probably tell the guy he isn't very macho in the scarf.

It makes you think he was sponsored by someone in Europe, Asia or N.A., who bought him the saw in exchange for the lumber and necessities of life.
It just shows how little we know about the whole picture.
I think the pink scarf was his ole ladies dish towel. lol
Gypo
This white dude looks totally out of place! lol

IMGP0660.jpg

It makes you think he was sponsored by someone in Europe, Asia or N.A., who bought him the saw in exchange for the lumber and necessities of life.
It just shows how little we know about the whole picture.
I think the pink scarf was his ole ladies dish towel. lol
Gypo
This white dude looks totally out of place! lol

IMGP0660.jpg

The safety gear makes that gringo look even more out of place.

It makes you wonder if you found a Stihl dealer in Brazil they'd have 2 saws in stock 070's and 090's.

Lol, ya and judging from the tree, I think he should have started his notch about where the tip is now, unless he was pulling it over.
Gypo
I wonder if this stump belongs to one of the pic previously posted? I think so.
Gypo

pd922228.jpg

I'll see if I can find the article. He was supposedly poaching timber, but I think he escaped with his life.

What do you make of this saw? Looks like he used it to clearcut 100 acres then he's gonna till it with the same saw!
Gypo

papuaSmiths2.jpg

broke the pull cord and now he has it rigged so he han push start it..:clap:

Latest posts

Back