Unusual Pictures Of The Stihl 090 070 and Contra

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol, ya and judging from the tree, I think he should have started his notch about where the tip is now, unless he was pulling it over.
Gypo
I wonder if this stump belongs to one of the pic previously posted? I think so.
Gypo

pd922228.jpg

thats the same tree of the fella that had his eyes winced. With the piece of bark still in the face. looks like it was a head leaner that he set it up then let her go from the back. Its not all pretty, but it looks like he did a good job at saving wood.

I bet those little guys can really get the job done considering what they have to work with.....

How about this contra?

attachment.php

That looks like the kind of thing Germans bring along to mx gp`s over here in europe.Loads of noise. Gets a bit much when they start them up in the campsite a night when people are trying to sleep.

It makes you think he was sponsored by someone in Europe, Asia or N.A., who bought him the saw in exchange for the lumber and necessities of life.
It just shows how little we know about the whole picture.
I think the pink scarf was his ole ladies dish towel. lol
Gypo
This white dude looks totally out of place! lol

IMGP0660.jpg

You know the guy in the background is thinking," what a puss ", wearing that helmet!

Awesome photos guys and a great thread Gypo.

Thanks, it's been a riot looking for all the pictures. It makes me want to go there. Lots of possibilities, Congo, Ecuador, Columbia, Burma, Madagasgar, Indonesia, Amazon etc.
I could bring saws that would make those Burmese Teak piss their roots and I could be the mang! And you guys could send me parts and I'll send back Zebrawood. lol

01Chainsaw_milling_coconut_lumber.jpg

thats the same tree of the fella that had his eyes winced. With the piece of bark still in the face. looks like it was a head leaner that he set it up then let her go from the back. Its not all pretty, but it looks like he did a good job at saving wood.

I bet those little guys can really get the job done considering what they have to work with.....

Ya, he out smarted me and hogged out the centre out of the tree and just clipped the back. Great method for leaners. I think he may have intentionly left that plug in the undercut. My first thought was that he'd tear out down to the roots. He knew what he was doing with such a heavy saw.
Gypo

Last edited:
the fog horn Contra is on youtube. Some butt hole is at some kind of hippy fest or somthing making all kinds of racket. He is having a blast but no one else looks too pleased...

the fog horn Contra is on youtube. Some butt hole is at some kind of hippy fest or somthing making all kinds of racket. He is having a blast but no one else looks too pleased...

we need a link

You know the guy in the background is thinking," what a puss ", wearing that helmet!
I don't think those guys betray what their thinking, but I bet you're right and I bet he was thinking El Gringo would be wearing the tree too! lol
Gypo

Last edited:
Back