updates----husky 6.6 splitting maul and stihl rm yellow chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

demc570

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
YESTERDAY GOT TO CUT 2 TRUCK LOADS OF FIREWOOD WITH THE NEW TO ME RM STIHL CHAIN INSTEAD OF RS..
THE CHAINS HELD UP TO OVER 3 TANKS IN THE 028,AND ONLY USED 2 TANKS IN MS361---CHAINS STILL NOT COMPLETLY DULL YET....I KNOW I USED TOUCH THEM UP AFTER EVERY TANK OF FUEL,BUT I WANTED TO REALLY PUT THEM THRU THE RINGER TO SEE HOW THEY HELD UP--AND THEY HELD UP BEAUTIFULLY----RM BELIEVER FOR SURE...

------------------------------HUSKY MAUL------------------------

I JUST GOT DONE SPLITTING BIG ROUNDS OF GREEN CHERRY 15" TO 25" DIA X UP TO 2 FOOT TALL, WHICH WAS A FULL 8' BED OF MY CHEVY 3/4 TON....SPLIT TIME LESS THAN OR AROUND HOUR-----------LOVE THAT MAUL

Last edited:
any pictures? what the difference in chains? what have you used for a splitting maul in the past?

YESTERDAY GOT TO CUT 2 TRUCK LOADS OF FIREWOOD WITH THE NEW TO ME RM STIHL CHAIN INSTEAD OF RS..
THE CHAINS HELD UP TO OVER 3 TANKS IN THE 028,AND ONLY USED 2 TANKS IN MS361-......................................................

Shhhhhhh. Remember when we talked about using your inside voice?

o
any pictures? what the difference in chains? what have you used for a splitting maul in the past?
0lder no name split 8 lb maul,fiskers x27, ------chains i always used rs or rsk stihl chains,switch to try the rm....dirrence the rs or rsk cuts little faster,but dulls faster vs the rm,and havent sharpen them yet,but supposed to sharpen easier too......

THE CHAINS HELD UP TO OVER 3 TANKS IN THE 028,AND ONLY USED 2 TANKS IN MS361---CHAINS STILL NOT COMPLETLY DULL YET....I KNOW I USED TOUCH THEM UP AFTER EVERY CUT,BUT I WANTED TO REALLY PUT THEM THRU THE RINGER TO SEE HOW THEY HELD UP--AND THEY HELD UP BEAUTIFULLY----RM BELIEVER FOR SURE...

------------------------------HUSKY MAUL------------------------

I JUST GOT DONE SPLITTING BIG ROUNDS OF GREEN CHERRY 15" TO 25" DIA X UP TO 2 FOOT TALL, WHICH WAS A FULL 8' BED OF MY CHEVY 3/4 TON....SPLIT TIME LESS THAN OR AROUND HOUR-----------LOVE THAT MAUL
You aren't by any chance, attempting to set the AS record for the greatest number of superfluous threads in one day are you?

You aren't by any chance, attempting to set the AS record for the greatest number of superfluous threads in one day are you?
IIRC, you get extra points for starting threads. At least you used to. Can't hurt.

I'm not familiar with the Stihl chain types. (Naturally). Are we talking the edge on semi-chisel, (RM), outlasting full chisel, (RS)??

I believe that's the point of the thread Bob. RM does last a lot longer. I've got a few loops around I've started using a lot for mostly milling but it does cut nicely with a filing or two on it.

Back