used husqvarna 334t?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

802climber

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I am going to look at an old 334t someone is selling cheap ($150).

I figure if it cold starts well and runs I will probably buy it. Just curious what else to be looking for.

Not expecting the world out of a saw i pay 150 for, or a 334t for that matter, but still want something that works.

Thanks.

Last edited:
150 is not cheap, it is about average for that saw. I just got one for 80 bucks. They sell for under 400 new. I like mine, but I would only buy it if you are a climber, there are a lot of other saws out there that are safer for groundwork. I don't think I would pay over 100. They are on ebay and craigslist starting at 150 all the time.
my two sents

ok thanks. glad i asked. guess i didn't look around at prices hard enough.. not so sure i want to drive 6 hr round trip to pay 150 firm for one anymore.

yeah i am a climber, i am just looking at a 334t because they're affordable.

how do you like the one you got used?

Last edited:
I got my 338xpt for $95 dirty with pine pitch . 15 mins cleaning , and in reality it had maybe 2 hrs on it . MM and 12" bar , 'tis a beast

I'm interested in purchasing a husqvarna 334t or 338xpt if anybody has one they would part with
You can put a want ad in the trading post.

I would recommend a new edition 338xpt, not sure of the updates but there must be some reason they put that new edition sticker on them. There seem to be some pretty nice ones that sell on ebay for about $300 looking in the completed listings every now and then.

The Jonsorend 2139 is the same thing and it is my understanding they have just dropped off the availability to dealers within the last year or so. If you wanted one bad enough there is a good chance you could find a new one. Left coast supplies sold the one that they had within the last half a year or so.

I am sure it is harder if you are on a smart phone. Click on forums up at the top and that will basically show all the places to wander to on the site. Trading post in on top once you get to the equipment section, then there are a few choices. You may need a few posts to post in there I have never done that. Here is a direct link. http://www.arboristsite.com/community/forums/tradin-post.132/

Okay thank you, I posted another thread about a husky 268 rebuild I'm doing, hopefully I posted it right to get some feedback on an issue I'm having on the build

Back