Using forklift parts to build a log splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diesel nut

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have an old Datsun forklift that I'm parting out and was thinking of using the hydraulic pump, spool valves and some of the cylinders to rebuild a splitter I got from my uncle for free. Its not much to start with but the cylinder might be alright. I'll have some pics of it on here soon. I've been trying to figure out how big the hydraulic pump is on the forklift. Hopefully it'll all work cause it's free to me. :)

I have an old Datsun forklift that I'm parting out and was thinking of using the hydraulic pump, spool valves and some of the cylinders to rebuild a splitter I got from my uncle for free. Its not much to start with but the cylinder might be alright. I'll have some pics of it on here soon. I've been trying to figure out how big the hydraulic pump is on the forklift. Hopefully it'll all work cause it's free to me. :)

Now that would be an interesting project.

I have a friend that did that, he used a 30 gpm pump. He had to get cyl.off payloader. The forklift didnt have 2 way cyl. But he uses the 4 cyl. engine to run pump and used most of the valves off forklift.He even use the mast to lift wood up on splitter.

Back