value of these saws???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IBTL , maybe some people have been here a very long while and have seen it come and watch it go as far as these types of things go. I do see this both ways as far as the whining that goes on, grow up and get some skin! Maybe blowing someone up on there own thread for all to see, not so good?? Depends on where you are sitting I suppose? Maybe I have my head all the way up my ass and have no idea what Im talking about .. there's a good chance of that. perspective

Sorry yall if I broke some rule around here... my apologies. . Was only trying to get a more concrete answer on what they was worth. Not even sure I'm trying to sell these saws, may just keep them! And no worries it won't get "blurry" If I did try to sell these saws it would be in the for sale section. I had NO IDEA I was not allowed to ask the value of some saws. Again sorry and moderator PLEASE REMOVE THIS POST and my husky 445 post TO PREVENT ANY FURTHER PROBLEMS THAT SOME B*=%^÷$ seem to have with me for some reason. I think I'm just gonna stick to selling saws on ebay. Thanks to some for opening my eyes about what this forum seems to be about, attacking new members.

Really? You're going to pack up, and go home? That seems a little severe.
The problem is that their have been hundreds, and hundreds of "what's it worth" threads, or some derivation along the same line. Only to have it then turn into a "sale" thread, or have the saw(s) in question quickly move to the Trading Post, or another selling method.
As for research, I went to the Trading Post here, and "clicked" on the little magnifying glass (search icon), and put in separate searches for each model you have, and guess what? It worked. I found past transactions for the same models you have. The ads even have pictures, and everything for comparison of condition.
Besides, you received a really good idea within the first few posts of value, so why make a post that will only exacerbate the situation?
If you find my post to be offensive, then you should leave.

The problem is that their have been hundreds, and hundreds of "what's it worth" threads, or some derivation along the same line. Only to have it then turn into a "sale" thread, or have the saw(s) in question quickly move to the Trading Post, or another selling method.
As for research, I went to the Trading Post here, and "clicked" on the little magnifying glass (search icon), and put in separate searches for each model you have, and guess what? It worked. I found past transactions for the same models you have. The ads even have pictures, and everything for comparison of condition.
Besides, you received a really good idea within the first few posts of value, so why make a post that will only exacerbate the situation?

Never said is was "packing up and going home" said I'm probably gonna stick to selling and buying on ebay I guess. I don't find your post offense I saw the "good ideas" like I said from the beginning was just trying to see what you guys thought they might be worth CURRENTLY. Of course I've checked ebay and past threads here but things do change from time to time ya know.. just didn't know I was gonna get my head bit off and called a bad apple from some members for asking a simple question. Just seemed a little ridiculous. Guess I should a stated to not respond if you can't just answer the question. . Didn't think I had to tho.. guess I know now lol

And the thing us if someone has a problem with a "what it's worth thread" then maybe they could just skip over it if it bothers them that much?? Just a thought. Now if I was trying to sell these saws In the cs forum I could see the problem. But I'm not. Period. Anyhow let's just drop all these and I'll take it as lesson learned, and all move on. Thanks again to those that actually answered the question I asked!

Never said is was "packing up and going home" said I'm probably gonna stick to selling and buying on ebay I guess. I don't find your post offense I saw the "good ideas" like I said from the beginning was just trying to see what you guys thought they might be worth CURRENTLY. Of course I've checked ebay and past threads here but things do change from time to time ya know.. just didn't know I was gonna get my head bit off and called a bad apple from some members for asking a simple question. Just seemed a little ridiculous. Guess I should a stated to not respond if you can't just answer the question. . Didn't think I had to tho.. guess I know now lol
I believe he actually was calling me a bad apple because I suggested that we could just politely inform you. I did notice that a few people liked that idea. Sooo who is the BA

Well now I'm offended. Hope you're happy. Prick.

I have to admit,.. I honestly had no idea that you were not supposed to ask for an opinion on price. I myself asked this kind of question today about an Stihl 028. I know about zero about Stihls and had not seen this model mentioned much. I have not even seen the saws I asked about, I will at some point go to look at a Partner 400 and a Poulan Pro 260-le .
The guy said (on the phone) oh yea I forgot about these,.. I have 2- 028's here on my shelf you know anything about Stihl's? The answer was nope so I asked on the chainsaw forum .I will tell anyone reading this that I did not know and apologize if I stepped on anyone's chances to sell their saw. But like I said I have not even seen them yet much less have them up for sale. I just don't know anyplace with as much knowledge on Stihl saws as there would be here,.. Jeff

If you want to sell them, then one would think you might be inclined to actually do a little research to determine their value. If you are too lazy to do the research, list them on e-Bay and the market will determine their worth. Seems like many newbies troll this site trying to sell saws by asking "what is it worth"?
Why do you always assume the worst in people, maybe cause its a reflection of you or just righteous indignation.

None of us are on here to decide who's a prick and who's not. We're her to learn from others who have been in the same situation at one point in time. No reason to be calling each other names. This isn't the playground anymore. Just my 2 cents.

kind of funny the whole reason I was on here today was I am going to put five of my saws up for sale on C.List. Was trying to research the value. Ebay was not help for some of them so I turned here. I sure am glad you asked before I did. I would like to know how in the heck you search forums in the trade post. Jon1212 says there is a little magnifying glass search icon that gives you options. Where it at. I would think that if this is such a problem the icon would be like four feet tall and flashing.

kind of funny the whole reason I was on here today was I am going to put five of my saws up for sale on C.List. Was trying to research the value. Ebay was not help for some of them so I turned here. I sure am glad you asked before I did. I would like to know how in the heck you search forums in the trade post. Jon1212 says there is a little magnifying glass search icon that gives you options. Where it at. I would think that if this is such a problem the icon would be like four feet tall and flashing.
What are you selling, pm me a list if you don't mind.

I stand by my statement, sorry that you find it offensive but that is often the case when confronted with the truth. Interesting that you could find the Tradin' Post and list a saw there with a price but could not do the same with these saws.

By the way, I am smart enough to convey my ideas without resorting to vulgarity.

This just means you're a smart prick...still a prick no matter how you spin it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Ms 660 magnum-
with up jetted carb, muffler mod, some new lines and intake, 28" bar w/ 2 stihl full chisel rapid super chains ( both near new), 36" bar with skip tooth rs chain.
$400

Ms362 - with muffler mod, 20" bar with brand new oregon chain.
$300

201t -with the Snelling mods (muffler port, advanced timing maybe 20 tanks thru the saw since new).
$200

Ms251- very nice shape w/ 18" bar with 4 stihl rapid super chains 3 of which are brand new maybe 8 tanks through it since new.
$100

Wiht your reputation, you need all the help you can get

Back