value of these saws???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This just means you're a smart prick...still a prick no matter how you spin it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

After reviewing your prior posts and seeing the insightful and informative contributions you have made to this Forum, I am adding you to the Ignore group with the rest of your brethren. Thanks for speaking up and allowing me to properly identify you.

You are getting into something that you have no idea on the history of this name.
I did some some research to figure out what you meant by this. I can assure you I have never sold a saw on here before, nor do I plan too. I am not in the saw business. I operate a small stump grinding business and have acquired more saws than I really need. Times are a little rough now, so I was going to sell the ones that I don't use much. Never sold a saw before in my life. I was having trouble finding fair value on a couple of the older ones, so I turned here to try to get some information. I realize now that was a mistake. Please no one ask if they can buy them. Thank you

I did some some research to figure out what you meant by this. I can assure you I have never sold a saw on here before, nor do I plan too. I am not in the saw business. I operate a small stump grinding business and have acquired more saws than I really need. Times are a little rough now, so I was going to sell the ones that I don't use much. Never sold a saw before in my life. I was having trouble finding fair value on a couple of the older ones, so I turned here to try to get some information. I realize now that was a mistake. Please no one ask if they can buy them. Thank you
Quite a few members have been burned by Tyrel.
Quite a few threads have been started due to his "work" on saws.
Happenstance ? coincidence ?
Whatever.............. if you aint the "blue goo wonder kid", please let me be the first to tell you that you picked just about the worst screen name you could have.

If you want to sell your saws, put up some video of them cutting, and post some pictures of the piston and cylinder through the exhaust with the muffler off.

Please accept my apologies if your saws don't have any light blue goo and they run like they should

Quite a few members have been burned by Tyrel.
Quite a few threads have been started due to his "work" on saws.
Happenstance ? coincidence ?
Whatever.............. if you aint the "blue goo wonder kid", please let me be the first to tell you that you picked just about the worst screen name you could have.

If you want to sell your saws, put up some video of them cutting, and post some pictures of the piston and cylinder through the exhaust with the muffler off.

Please accept my apologies if your saws don't have any light blue goo and they run like they should
Ya no worries, don't think I'll change my name though. I think if that guy came back he would probably use different name. I going to sell the saws local. Just turned here hoping for some friendly feed back, but now I'm to afraid to ask anything.

No one should be afraid to ask legitimate questions here, including about the value of more obscure stuff. But when a new/unknown member joins, asks for an appraisal of his saws so that he can sell/flip them for a profit and disappear, it strains the hospitality of established participants. Happens a lot. Some of the comments were probably meant to discourage that activity. The saws mentioned are pretty common, so someone should be able to find information if they are willing to do a little research, other than just asking.

Your saws look clean, but that is not the whole story. You sound somewhat knowledgeable about saws, so you should have a good idea to start with. Guys here don't like to be teased with a, "Maybe thinking of selling them" line outside of the Trading Post. You are selling them, or you are not. Pick a price, but don't try to start bidding in the main threads.

If you stick around for a while and participate, you will probably find a warmer reception.

Philbert

No one should be afraid to ask legitimate questions here, including about the value of more obscure stuff. But when a new/unknown member joins, asks for an appraisal of his saws so that he can sell/flip them for a profit and disappear, it strains the hospitality of established participants. Happens a lot. Some of the comments were probably meant to discourage that activity. The saws mentioned are pretty common, so someone should be able to find information if they are willing to do a little research, other than just asking.

Your saws look clean, but that is not the whole story. You sound somewhat knowledgeable about saws, so you should have a good idea to start with. Guys here don't like to be teased with a, "Maybe thinking of selling them" line outside of the Trading Post. You are selling them, or you are not. Pick a price, but don't try to start bidding in the main threads.

If you stick around for a while and participate, you will probably find a warmer reception.

Philbert
I totally get that now, I just think you can't expect new members to just automatically know that you shouldn't ask values or solicit. I think the more established members would take the opportunity to welcome and then inform of proper guidelines. Instead you get Guido and his ban of brotherhood. How productive is that as far as gaining new members and possible sponsors.

I totally get that now, I just think you can't expect new members to just automatically know that you shouldn't ask values or solicit. I think the more established members would take the opportunity to welcome and then inform of proper guidelines. Instead you get Guido and his ban of brotherhood. How productive is that as far as gaining new members and possible sponsors.

They normally would, but with the great screen name you picked, you stacked the deck against you

Same thing with 'oil threads' or 'should I file or grind my chains', etc. I try to direct new guys to some of the established threads on these, with everybody's comments, so that they can benefit from them and we don't have to re-type everything again. Benefits a lot of people to keep these common issues in the same threads for reference.

Philbert

Most guys here have no problem being informative, including Gary (Guido Salvage), and it has nothing to do with new member versus tenured member, it is the subject matter at hand. The "what's it worth" threads are posted ad nauseam. It doesn't take much time to figure out what a saw is "worth", especially with common models. The more obscure models may require a more knowing appraisal. Case and point, I found a Stihl BLK58 which is fairly uncommon. I contacted a few members via PM to see if it was worth pursuing given the asking price. I received answers from all parties, and they were all very helpful, and had good advice on what to look for, as far as issues, or difficult parts to locate.

kind of funny the whole reason I was on here today was I am going to put five of my saws up for sale on C.List. Was trying to research the value. Ebay was not help for some of them so I turned here. I sure am glad you asked before I did. I would like to know how in the heck you search forums in the trade post. Jon1212 says there is a little magnifying glass search icon that gives you options. Where it at. I would think that if this is such a problem the icon would be like four feet tall and flashing.

Why does the "search" icon need to be more prominent? It's plainly visible for all who care to use it. Give it a try.
Screenshot_2015-01-30-15-18-54.png
This search brought up two pages of buy, and sell ads from the Trading Post. When searching make sure the box marked "search this forum only" is ✔.
I then changed my search criteria to MS 362, and chose within the last four months.
Screenshot_2015-01-30-15-22-28.png
And received the three completed sale listings above.

Why does the "search" icon need to be more prominent? It's plainly visible for all who care to use it. Give it a try.
View attachment 399423
This search brought up two pages of buy, and sell ads from the Trading Post. When searching make sure the box marked "search this forum only" is ✔.
I then changed my search criteria to MS 362, and chose within the last four months.
View attachment 399425
And received the three completed sale listings above.
Hey thanks that's pretty cool. I'm sure you didn't learn how to that in the first five minutes of joining though. You should of posted this at the beginning of the thread. What threw me off was I don't have that magnifying glass icon on my I pad. Still can't find much info on my saws though. So if I already stated that I have no intentions on selling them online, why is it so wrong to ask for a members professional opinion on fair market value.

Hey thanks that's pretty cool. I'm sure you didn't learn how to that in the first five minutes of joining though. You should of posted this at the beginning of the thread. What through me off was I don't have that magnifying glass icon on my I pad. Still can't find much info on my saws though. So if I already stated that I have no intentions on selling them online, why is it so wrong to ask for a members professional opinion on fair market value.

Actually with the new format(post linkbucks crash) I did find the search icon fairly quickly, as it's in the same general location as the old search icon.

As has been stated by myself and others, these have been so many threads started here along the lines of "what's it worth" by professional flippers from the Facebook chainsaw pages, and elsewhere, that it has become quite tiresome.

If you are unsure of value on what you are planning on sending down the road, you are welcome to PM me, and I'll try to help you come up with some numbers.

They normally would, but with the great screen name you picked, you stacked the deck against you
So far you are the only one who feels he needs to repeatedly bring light to my name issue. So maybe you coul just try to get over it. There's a lot of Tom, **** and Harry's in the world and obviously more than one Tyrel. I'm not going to change my name because you got BF'd by the other one.

Thank you so much for the good info jon1212, I really appreciate the evaluation. This will help me get these sold and put some grub on the table. I'm outa here.... One last thing I'm a little confused on. I see nmurph is a sponsor, so I get his comments, but since Guido is not a sponsor and he Gets so grumpy when someone solicits to sell in the chainsaw forums, then why is he allowed to solicate that he wants to buy a poulan 6900 and a 7700. I thought I just learned that items Sold and wanted belong in the trading post. Totally not fair for all the other members maybe looking for the same saw, but are soliciting were there supposed to. Very strange rules. I think I get it though.

Back