very interesting helicopter mounted saw.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You, your saw, the tree you are in all provide a path for electricity to ground. No ground path with the chopper.

That pilot's balls are bigger than his brain IMO.

So what about they guys who fly right up to the line in their chain mesh clothes and start working on the line? Power lines seam to bring out the people with the cajoles.

So what about they guys who fly right up to the line in their chain mesh clothes and start working on the line? Power lines seam to bring out the people with the cajoles.

LOL...The word is "cojones" Pronounced cah-ho'-nays. And you're right about having to have them. I work around helicopter logging all the time and the level of precision flying those guys do never fails to amaze me.

They also have have larger balls than brains.

Actually quite safe. The mesh has an extremely low resistance, the human body Megohms; them e'lectons is lazy.

Just for the record not enough $ on both sides of the Mississippi!

Probably a good move. A helicopter is just a large collection of spare parts flying in close formation. And all the parts are made by the lowest bidder. Sorry FHCW...I just had to say that.

HAHA.......Where's Jeff for this one? :hmm3grin2orange:

Probably a good move. A helicopter is just a large collection of spare parts flying in close formation. And all the parts are made by the lowest bidder. Sorry FHCW...I just had to say that.

HAHA.......Where's Jeff for this one? :hmm3grin2orange:

Nah, that's a common saying in aviation. I gotta say, the lowest bidder thing isn't as much of a factor in aviation. The CG, or AF or whoever lays out their requirements, which go beyond the airframe's capabilities, but into maintenance hours/flight hours, airframe life-limits, and component availability. So if a fuel pump is failing repeatedly, then it's incumbant upon the manufacturer to fix it and make it right. They're held accountable. I feel safer in my helos than I do on the highway.

There's another saying- "Aviation in itself is not inherently dangerous. But to an even greater degree than the sea, it is terribly unforgiving of any carelessness, incapacity or neglect."

I love flying. Damn I love it. Flew today, taking a new flight mechanic student out on a training flights. I love teaching, working with the pilots, exercising CRM (a big pat on the back for anyone that knows what that is, without looking at Google) and doing what I do. And we saw a pod of whales to top it all off!

These were taken a few weeks back, but I'm the guy standing over the other guy's shoulder.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Yeah, I get a kick out of the lowest bidder thing. Saying the lowest qualified biddder makes a substantial difference and is more accurate, no? :greenchainsaw:

FHCW,

Thanks for sharing those pics! Those HH-65 Dolphin Helos are really neat aircraft. Before my dad retired, he got to fly in the PA helos a few times. Some of the trips were out to La Push, Neah bay, and Quilyutte River. I like the way the USCG station is set up at PA.

attachment.php

Ediz Hook, Port Angeles, WA

Back