Video: MS440 w/28" bar buried

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
id like to race to.

ill run my 10mm 044 agaisnt it and my 372 , id like to see how much it woops them:chainsawguy:

lol sounds good, we can race with my 18" and oregon lgx or maybe a:hmm3grin2orange: 325 combo you have

If you put some rhinestones and Barbie stickers on it, it will look just like The Barbie Saw. Same handle, same bar length. RUh roh. You better get rid of it, it might be a Girl Saw now!:heart::eek::cheers:

Good Job.

you guys realy getn to gether to do some racein? if so id love to join you but itl likely never happen its much to far for me to come

Thats some very soft wood or hollow 40in. trunk 2 tanks of fuel. I know you didnt build it to be a sipper,but very impressive build!

There are two possibilities. The crankcase is smaller on the 440, and the porting as likely more aggressive on this saw. QUOTE]

Do you think the smaller case area would allow for faster fuel output to the transfers? Maybe a faster impulse so the fuel is pumping faster? Also did you have to trim the case to allow for the bottom of the piston skirt to fit? I do remember some wiggle room when I made my hybrid, but to fit the 54mm piston in there I had to trim the case quite a bit so the bottom of the skirt wouldn't hit the case. I also wonder with the bigger piston I have in there am I getting optimum flow on the window sides of the piston? I forgot to measure the clearance between the oem and BB pistons on the clutch and flywheel sides of the piston. I wonder if by moving up to a larger piston I lost some area. I did open the windows up a hair and cleaned up casting marks, but just wondering what your thoughts are. That saw really is rippin! I gotta get me some square ground chain! Lookin at your vid again this morning I'd say mines not quite in that ballpark(maybe in the parking lot!). That makes me wanna tear my saw down again and open er up a little more! Don't mean to badger you with questions on your thread! You just got me curious! Thanks again.
Bob

Love your 440!!!

When mine craps out,,I gotta do that combo to mine!!! 2 tanks tru 40" sycamore,,pretty good!!! :clap:

Latest posts

Back