Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I started breaking it down and found that the handle housing is busted in three different places including cracked in the carb housing. Probably not the best investment, but still mostly all cosmetic and easy to replace. I was more sold on it had good compression still.
Howdy there, I didn't forget about your 306a, I've been busy working on other saws and then tonight I had to make some chains, I'll try to get that one checked out tomorrow.
ADLM

What is all of that blue junk around the metal fuel line?

Attachments

• IMG_4094.JPG
    IMG_4094.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 17
Really? I can't wait for someone to clean my garage and build shelves for my saws. :D
I have trouble finding space to put everything while I try to clean up and make space to put everything away haha just getting around to building some shelves:(

Yes it is very rubbery
I bet it's some kind of Silicone, perhaps ultra grey, I bet whatever it was put on there for, somebody was either trying to stop a leak, or prevent one. Pick it off with something and look for damage on what is behind it.
ADLM

Well what I am figuring is that the fuel line and filter is one unit with a built in grommit that the metal fuel line attaches to, when I checked the inside the line had been replaced with green tyvex line, so I figure it was a quick fix to replace the stock grommit.

Hey gents just wanted to jump in real fast. What would y'all consider a very good price on an 056 super? For argument sake decent cosmetic and running...

Are you talking about the one over in Tyler on Craigslist? That is a good looking saw.

Stalker lol. Yeh I saw it when he first posted it and it's still there. I was cautioned because of the starter could not be easy to find anymore but it would be a fun saw I think

Lol yea when you linked it about 10 pages back I remember seeing it when I was looking on Craigslist, since I'm in Shreveport a lot of those saws over there show up.

Lol yea when you linked it about 10 pages back I remember seeing it when I was looking on Craigslist, since I'm in Shreveport a lot of those saws over there show up.

Nice, let me know if you ever need help getting your hands on something over here. I've got my eyes peeled for an 046 or its newer variants for a good price.

Good to know! I'll keep the eyes peeled over here as well. Man I saw a Super XL with a bow blade for $75 over in Marshal but it didn't stay up very long, or I might have had to go get it.

Good to know! I'll keep the eyes peeled over here as well. Man I saw a Super XL with a bow blade for $75 over in Marshal but it didn't stay up very long, or I might have had to go get it.

Yeh I saw it too. I think you or someone posted it on here. I was working unfortunately.

Finally got to go over the 306a for ya, it appears to be pretty good shape overall, there are however a few hiccups, it's missing one flywheel cover screw and the rear handle strap screw, threads are in good shape on castings, the tank has been resealed when previous owner did fuel line and filter, not a problem, one wire going to the coil has the insulation pulling apart and the wires are exposed, small crack on clutch cover, handle has a tear in it. And there are two shallow grooves on piston on either side of the partition in muffler casting, not a good thing but rings are not stuck and the cylinder looks like it's in good shape, I am betting it was due to some carbon buildup coming loose and getting on the side of the piston, I am including pics of what I have found that I have described, also it does fire and run with a little fuel poured in the carburetor, so if you would still like it I would like to get 50 bucks and you let me keep the bar and chain. Or if you want bar and chain I'd like 20 bucks more. Ik it sounds like there's a bunch of stuff wrong with it and it's a junk saw, buy I'm very particular with my saws and about making sure the buyer knows EVERYTHING that I know about the saw, that being said, none of these things I've told you bother me about it if I were to keep it. But I don't need it. If you want a compression test you will have to wait till tomorrow and I will bring home my tester from work.
ADLM
20161027_194613.jpg 20161027_194831.jpg 20161027_195037.jpg 20161027_195637.jpg 20161027_195659.jpg 20161027_194248.jpg 20161027_194303.jpg 20161027_194312.jpg 20161027_194330.jpg 20161027_194356.jpg

I just picked up a Mcculloch pro Mac 700 and a Mcculloch pro Mac 610. The pro Mac 700 looks good but doesn't seem to have a whole lot of compression. I'm hoping the compression release is bad. They guy I got the saws from said the pro Mac 700 was running good and he let it sit up. The pro Mac 610 looks great and seems to have good compression. The guy said he didn't know anything about the pro Mac 610.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally got to go over the 306a for ya, it appears to be pretty good shape overall, there are however a few hiccups, it's missing one flywheel cover screw and the rear handle strap screw, threads are in good shape on castings, the tank has been resealed when previous owner did fuel line and filter, not a problem, one wire going to the coil has the insulation pulling apart and the wires are exposed, small crack on clutch cover, handle has a tear in it. And there are two shallow grooves on piston on either side of the partition in muffler casting, not a good thing but rings are not stuck and the cylinder looks like it's in good shape, I am betting it was due to some carbon buildup coming loose and getting on the side of the piston, I am including pics of what I have found that I have described, also it does fire and run with a little fuel poured in the carburetor, so if you would still like it I would like to get 50 bucks and you let me keep the bar and chain. Or if you want bar and chain I'd like 20 bucks more. Ik it sounds like there's a bunch of stuff wrong with it and it's a junk saw, buy I'm very particular with my saws and about making sure the buyer knows EVERYTHING that I know about the saw, that being said, none of these things I've told you bother me about it if I were to keep it. But I don't need it. If you want a compression test you will have to wait till tomorrow and I will bring home my tester from work.
ADLM
View attachment 533769 View attachment 533770 View attachment 533773 View attachment 533776 View attachment 533777 View attachment 533757 View attachment 533758 View attachment 533759 View attachment 533760 View attachment 533761

Good looking saw, mostly all minor stuff that if I wanted could find parts and replace over time, that's just a good looking saw. I love that green! So what's the $$?

I just picked up a Mcculloch pro Mac 700 and a Mcculloch pro Mac 610. The pro Mac 700 looks good but doesn't seem to have a whole lot of compression. I'm hoping the compression release is bad. They guy I got the saws from said the pro Mac 700 was running good and he let it sit up. The pro Mac 610 looks great and seems to have good compression. The guy said he didn't know anything about the pro Mac 610.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know one of my next procurements will be a McCulloch for sure!

Latest posts

Back