Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So the thunder club came in over the weekend, there is two small scores on the piston that I could see, what do you guys think?

Attachments

• IMG_4108.JPG
    IMG_4108.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_4109.JPG
    IMG_4109.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_4110.JPG
    IMG_4110.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_4111.JPG
    IMG_4111.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 23
Also some photos of the saw itself

Attachments

• IMG_4104.JPG
    IMG_4104.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_4106.JPG
    IMG_4106.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_4107.JPG
    IMG_4107.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_4105.JPG
    IMG_4105.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_4112.JPG
    IMG_4112.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 22
Those scratches i wouldnt worry about they don't look like anything to me. If you dont catch a fingernail on it i wouldnt worry. That pistons looks really good for that old of saw. I have some that are scratched worse than that and i dont give em a second thought.

I had one of those old blue Super XL's.. Actually ran pretty good but was banged up.. Should have stripped the P&C off it before I trashed it.. Few years ago I came across a red one in great shape but cooked

So I found this thing loose in the fuel tank, any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_4113.JPG
    IMG_4113.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 17
On a good note i went and helped a fri3nd do some cuttin. Busted out the old poulan bp655 and the stihl 056. Cut up some old hickory. The bp655 ran like a scalded dog as usual. The 056 is growing on me i got over having to spend a fortune on it. It kept pounding away all day, ran really well. The bp655 will eat its lunch, but it did really well otherwise

Well that's always good, knowing you are satisfied with money spent, I'm not feeling so sure on the 925, removed the muffler and found this:

Attachments

• IMG_4114.JPG
    IMG_4114.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_4115.JPG
    IMG_4115.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_4116.JPG
    IMG_4116.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_4117.JPG
    IMG_4117.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 33
If its just a collectors piece and your not going into the loggin buisness. Id take her down check for aluminum transfer on the cylinder. Lightly sand the piston clean and put it back together.

If the gouges arent real deep you sometimes can get away with sanding it some... especially if pistons are hard to come by

Well if I'm not mistaken the guy says he takes returns, so I sent him a message about it, I'm not going to move forward until I hear back, I could overlook all of the cosmetic stuff, but I just feel like that is a little much for one of my first saws, I really don't want to spend the extra money on a new cylinder and piston, not after I have already paid 155 for the saw

We will see what says, but until then I will concentrate on the C-5 for the time being. I've also been thinking of may getting a Partner, if I can find one that runs good.

Looked at you pics of the c5 the p/c are in good shape, the 925 however not so much and yeah I took a really bad husky 350 cylinder and gave it a working over and it's good to go

Well I will fix it all if he won't take it back, It will just take a long time to systematically restore it mechanically, it's not going to be a working saw, just one to cut trees up every now and then just to run it. We also have a forest festival where I come from, and I would like to eventually display my collection as well as entering them into the chainsaw competitions just to remind everyone of what saws used to be like lol.

Well I will fix it all if he won't take it back, It will just take a long time to systematically restore it mechanically, it's not going to be a working saw, just one to cut trees up every now and then just to run it. We also have a forest festival where I come from, and I would like to eventually display my collection as well as entering them into the chainsaw competitions just to remind everyone of what saws used to be like lol.
We did that at our last fall festival it was a lot of fun20160917_104324.jpg 20160917_104336.jpg 20160917_104403.jpg

Attachments

• 20160917_104324.jpg
    20160917_104324.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 7
Well that's a big negatory on the return, if the saw is in running condition and then is taken apart any after receiving it they won't take a return because somebody could have messed something up. So looks like I will be repairing it.

Is the manual oiler supposed to be loose where it can rub a groove in the handle?

Attachments

• IMG_4118.JPG
    IMG_4118.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 14

Latest posts

Back