Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
happysaws

happysaws

Addicted to ArboristSite
The coil is cracked to heck. I was able to locate a wire and was able to successfully solder the spark plug lead back onto it. I was going to use marine epoxy to hopefully seal it better. My spark is very bright when a reasonable RPM is achieved but I cant help but feel that starting will be difficult. Do you think this unit has any degree of collectivity? How rare/common are these GL-7R saws?

I collect Remington saws, and have yet to see a GL-7R; they are rather uncommon. It is quite a collectible saw to Remington or Mall enthusiasts.

We NEED pics!

Mac&Homelite

Mac&Homelite

Addicted to ArboristSite
It's awfully quiet in here! But, I bet Ya'll are either cutting down trees right now or working on your chainsaws, right? I haven't heard much about the under 40cc chainsaw competition. Who's got the fastest saw, thus far?
No, on vacation right now actually. Haven't even started on the saw build yet. If I was home I would be using a saw though. Got quite a few severe storms so far this week in our area and more on the way yet.

Kensie1988

Kensie1988

Vintage Saw Maniac
Well, have a great vacation. Hope you get a saw in your hands, very soon. :chainsaw:
I've got a few things I'm working on, but I have the Saw for the challenge at least lol.

I did this little modification earlier, it's really common for the mounts of the 450 muffler to break which will cause the muffler to split, well mine has been repaired but I have trouble keeping to bolts in, so I needed to at least make a 3rd point of contact and I figured the one next to the carb housing was the most important so I fashioned a piece of metal and slipped it on between the carb housing and the cylinder to bolt the muffler to.
IMG_6781.JPG IMG_6782.JPG

Homelitexl903

Homelitexl903

CAD...The struggle is real.
I just switched jobs this week. I was in the wedding/party tent business for over 7 years and was a foreman that knew everything and trained people. Now I'm in the lobster business and I'm the new guy that doesn't know anything and learning. Not much time for saws. I have a few little saws muff modded and tuned and trying to figure out an aggressive chain to file. I need more time and practice on the chains. If I can not find time or better my hand filing skills I might just use new loops of Stihl pro chain. The one thing I wish I did do was before and after videos. Some of my runners were modded awhile back while I was just getting into saws and lurked on this site before joining.

Kensie1988

Kensie1988

Vintage Saw Maniac
I just switched jobs this week. I was in the wedding/party tent business for over 7 years and was a foreman that new everything and trained people. Now I'm in the lobster business and I'm the new guy that doesn't know anything and learning. Not much time for saws. I have a few little saws muff modded and tuned and trying to figure out an aggressive chain to file. I need more time and and practice on the chains. If I can not find time or better my hand filing skills I might just use new loops of Stihl pro chain. The one thing I wish I did do was before and after videos. Some of my runners were modded awhile back while I was just getting into saws and lurked on this site before joining.
Congrats buddy! How are you liking
It?

astnmacgto

astnmacgto

Carnac The Magnificent
I just switched jobs this week. I was in the wedding/party tent business for over 7 years and was a foreman that new everything and trained people. Now I'm in the lobster business and I'm the new guy that doesn't know anything and learning. Not much time for saws. I have a few little saws muff modded and tuned and trying to figure out an aggressive chain to file. I need more time and and practice on the chains. If I can not find time or better my hand filing skills I might just use new loops of Stihl pro chain. The one thing I wish I did do was before and after videos. Some of my runners were modded awhile back while I was just getting into saws and lurked on this site before joining.

Ik the feeling, my probationary period ends tomorrow which means I can finally shed my yellow helmet in favor of my permanent white one. It feels good. Best of luck with your new job

Jackofall

Jackofall

ArboristSite Operative
67963e4389d76fcecae56ff9617eb8a4.jpg

750 EVL pulled a 28" full chisel chain through the nasty part of this log without struggling. The evil orange might be slow but she's strong!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mac&Homelite

Mac&Homelite

Addicted to ArboristSite
Well, have a great vacation. Hope you get a saw in your hands, very soon. :chainsaw:
Thanks, it's hard to enjoy myself though. Nearly a whole week without doing work is pretty tough, starting to get to me lol. And yes, a saw is going to be one of the first things I touch when I get back home Sunday. First things going to be modding the ms361 oiler in preparation for milling.

Latest posts