Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, have a great vacation. Hope you get a saw in your hands, very soon. :chainsaw:

Just got back from a work trip and spending time with family. And I currently have a flea infestation in my shed just like last year and there's no living creatures in there. So I'll be bombing the hell out of it and spraying constantly.

But I'll probably douse myself in Repel again and go grab a could saws out. I wanna get the ms170 and JD 40v out to toy with and make videos

Stopped and got some files for the .404 on my 076 and holy moly those things are massive!!! lol I never paid much attention to the files before

Well I looked over the 5200, piston and cylinder looks great. Now the bad news, the pictures tell the story. Needs a handle assembly and the right side case. [emoji30]
2ecf98fae79e760c567332b5d8262d6d.jpg
34e086e4c37894cd675583a895005f82.jpg
bb15ce5f0acbf6374bae79ff20c7da9d.jpg

Steve, Samsung On5 using Tapatalk
Bummer, you might have to find someone who can weld magnesium then.

I've got a few things I'm working on, but I have the Saw for the challenge at least lol.

I did this little modification earlier, it's really common for the mounts of the 450 muffler to break which will cause the muffler to split, well mine has been repaired but I have trouble keeping to bolts in, so I needed to at least make a 3rd point of contact and I figured the one next to the carb housing was the most important so I fashioned a piece of metal and slipped it on between the carb housing and the cylinder to bolt the muffler to.
View attachment 580107 View attachment 580108
Whatever works to hold it together.

Attachments

• IMG_0542.JPG
    IMG_0542.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 28
I'll sit it on the self and start looking around, white death in fuel tank and large chunks came out when I blew air into it. Someone also put a bolt where the fuel tank vent is suppose to be. Clutch cover has a small crack in it but not too bad. Pieces missing at the mount on the case. I stopped pulling stuff when I saw that.

You hafta fix it there just aint many of them beasts left
It will be fixed. My brother asked me tonight when I went by to see the saw if that's the model I was looking for and I said with a big grin, oh heck ya.

Imagine if I had turned off the decomp switch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What bar and chain did you end up getting for that?
Imagine if I had turned off the decomp switch!

they make a tool to roll logs over for Finishing cuts. It helps keep the chain out of dirt. I like an old torque saw like you have. Update us with decomp set to run. I enjoy a slower bottom end saw most of the time because it keeps me from working too fast and gives me more full throttle time in a cut. I have a few modern work saws but really enjoy my old saws the most.

What bar and chain did you end up getting for that?

they make a tool to roll logs over for Finishing cuts. It helps keep the chain out of dirt. I like an old torque saw like you have. Update us with decomp set to run. I enjoy a slower bottom end saw most of the time because it keeps me from working too fast and gives me more full throttle time in a cut. I have a few modern work saws but really enjoy my old saws the most.

I didn't put her in the dirt no worries, I have a log roller as well [emoji3] I picked up a 23" and 28" Oregon power match. Got a pair of full chisels for the 28 and a pair of semis for the 24. I'll rip another cut with full squeeze on this saw and my 602 tomorrow on video.

451eb0ae324aca23f372c9adae5ffa03.jpg

My older son loves to work on the saws and sharpen the chains. Yes some of the teeth get a little wompy jawed but hey he enjoys it and I don't care. I just love to spend the time with him. He is my mechanically minded one as well as my safety officer :). He works on them but doesn't want to run them much. He makes sure I wear my chaps and all my protective gear. He is my best bud.

Latest posts

Back