Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing wrong with doing it. He doesn't have the time at the moment, and I will eventually get the saws anyway, so I might as well be the one fixing them. I'm getting pretty close to the point of being better than him at fixing most of the problems on these small engines. He still beats me hands down with vehicles though, but I'm catching up quick!

Please don't tempt me!!! I need a way for these saws to start paying for themselves a little bit. Any quick get-rich ideas?
I don't know about getting rich quick ideas but scrounging firewood and hand splitting then selling puts money in your pocket and so does doing easy tree side jobs.

Fastest way is to fix and resell lol
I know... I would like to sell the 017 and the ms361, but I just don't see a huge market for either for obvious reasons. Craftsman 2.3 I would be open with, but I've put a lot into it with a new bar and such and I don't think I could recoup it. I asked the local Stihl dealer the other day if they ever have any discarded saws, and the techs always get them first. Kinda out of luck in my town on finding new saws, unless it happens by word of mouth.
I don't know about getting rich quick ideas but scrounging firewood and hand splitting then selling puts money in your pocket and so does doing easy tree side jobs.
I'm completely game for that plan as I like the physical work, except I don't have my own vehicle at this point. Makes it quite a bit harder as I am still borrowing dad's truck for what I already do.

Nothing wrong with doing it. He doesn't have the time at the moment, and I will eventually get the saws anyway, so I might as well be the one fixing them. I'm getting pretty close to the point of being better than him at fixing most of the problems on these small engines. He still beats me hands down with vehicles though, but I'm catching up quick!

Please don't tempt me!!! I need a way for these saws to start paying for themselves a little bit. Any quick get-rich ideas?
I've learned a lot from dad, now I teach and do for him when I comes to engines, small or big.

Steve, Samsung On5 using Tapatalk

I have a very early stihl 024 that cleaned up nicely. I am waiting on a carburetor kit for it to come in. The saw is currently set up with a 16" bar and .325 chain. Someone on eBay has a 13" .325 bar for it. Would the saw be better suited with a 13" or a 16" bar and chain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont think 16" is too much, i have a 024 that has an 18". Ive run it some but i have to wait until i get crank seals and impulse line before i test it real hard.

I replaced the clutch side crank seal on mine and the fuel line. I need to go ahead and get a impulse line too. I'll probably stick with the 16".

Only problem with this is that you will buy 10 saws with the intent on selling all of them, but after you get them running you end up keeping like 4-7 of them because they are nice, clean, rare, strong or big.

Never said there weren't drawbacks

Only problem with this is that you will buy 10 saws with the intent on selling all of them, but after you get them running you end up keeping like 4-7 of them because they are nice, clean, rare, strong or big.

Never said there weren't drawbacks

Any Homie guys out there?

Picked the pair up, wrong color for me...

be0caafda669e9f0710d1c06b7dbc449.jpg
273298bf6ce7829c9b3fc6acd2676c28.jpg
683e9fb86d0b378e776944cfeb0ec082.jpg
ee701966beb21b9b5bb41b634cc2c332.jpg
b86f8a1c5ac97de5b70c010227250087.jpg

I have two of those cans, not homelite branded but eagle, same cans anyway. Best saw gas cans in my opinion. Short and fat so they don't tip over in the truck.

Pretty quiet on here lately. How was everyone's weekend, what saws did you play with? Not much excitement for me, still catching up from being on vacation, but I am almost ready to mill some more with the ms361 this weekend. Got a couple of mods to do first though. Going to make some slab benches to sell and recoup some costs from my milling endeavors.

Latest posts

Back