Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Always adjust your chain when it's cold, if you run it and it stretches way out then adjust it to keep using it but you should leave it a little loose when you put it away then readjust it before you go cutting again, on a 36 inch bar it might hang a little bit but it shouldn't hang lower than the bar groove.

X2

Had to go to work at the dealership Saturday, after that I went to the farm to work. Check for down trees in the creek, got 7 to get out. Found a cow dead, dug a put to put it in, cousin never showed up with the cow, he hauled it back to his place, misunderstanding on three way communication. Oh well, got pit ready when he needs it. He said he believes a rattlesnake may have bitten it.

Steve Sidwell, Samsung On5 using Tapatalk

Tested out the 250 again yesterday, still needs some carb work. Didn't work well at all. Then I took the 361 and ran a couple of tanks through it. It really made me smile once again. It really doesn't feel like a 60cc class saw. After running it yesterday a 660 kit is so coming next. It bucked those 30"+ logs with gusto. Did get some footage, but haven't looked at any of it yet. At work yet lol.
1420e3fbe4462dc8764046dc78d49018.jpg
dd2aa012c45513eb9446a14abc2c5730.jpg
df8672df893ab4cf5023386aa74fe4cd.jpg
97a104361d646414d116d34cc23f5f18.jpg

What did you make your grommet out of for your Mac?

Out of a couple layers of EPDM and contact adhesive. Works ok, but I have to make a better one at some point in the future. Holes don't line up and the EPDM wasn't prepped properly so the glue is failing.
65d9328068691bd5cdbc91e2bba6f109.jpg
22ca217a33468334943a282cf5356cc4.jpg

I'm curious how they used to paint saws cause some places never had paint on it. Did they paint the screw heads and then install them or what, cause the screws aren't stuck to the cases or any other part like the would if they had been installed before painting.

Next time you go shopping, park next to a 1 ton Chevy dually, slid under, pop off plug and do a fast test fit then pop it back on.

I'm the kind of stupid around large trucks I couldn't just do my business and skedaddle. I would be under there ogling away, even more so if it was a squarebody chev. Crew cab, 1 ton, long bed, light blue or black, preferably a western hauler edition, wouldn't mind a bit if that showed up in my drive. Getting off on a tangent, but squarebodies are so cool! Really want to find one and fix it up, but that probably wont be until I'm out of school at the least, that is unless I make it a daily driver ;).

Hi All.
I'm new to the group so please be a little patient with me. I have three chainsaws here. My "big-bertha" is a Danarm Whipper. a superb 1957 J.A.P.-Engined monster. and then there are the pioneer and the Danarm 1-36.

Does anyone else here have a pioneer 3071? Mine has ignition problems at the moment...

Many thanks, Chat soon....

Latest posts

Back