Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
06-07 Duramax. Sorry not old...but older. I have a 2016 Tundra right now.
They are good trucks. Dad's got a early 2000's 2500 diesel and I like it. Pretty good mileage, around 15-20 pulling a trailer all the time. I liked the 96' 2500 a lot more, but this one is starting to grow on me. Love the throttle response on this one much better. I will say that the LBZ engines are a pain in the butt with injectors. Had the set go out last summer and only had to take it apart 3 different times due to failed reman injectors. I'm sure other members on here can attest to the joy of changing the injectors on the LBZ's.

They are good trucks. Dad's got a early 2000's 2500 diesel and I like it. Pretty good mileage, around 15-20 pulling a trailer all the time. I liked the 96' 2500 a lot more, but this one is starting to grow on me. Love the throttle response on this one much better. I will say that the LBZ engines are a pain in the butt with injectors. Had the set go out last summer and only had to take it apart 3 different times due to failed reman injectors. I'm sure other members on here can attest to the joy of changing the injectors on the LBZ's.

I've always heard good things about the lbz. It's coveted as the best hey made for the Duramax

Those early model DuraMax engines bad injector problems and pump problems. Our diesel tech used to hate those engines, especially when they were under warranty with 50,000 miles. Used to have to run a lot of tests on the flow and return rates to find the bad one, replace it and do it all over til they were all in specs.
Doing 4 to 6 injector was a pain for him.
Steve Sidwell, Samsung On5 using Tapatalk

A girl I work with, her uncle does a lot of the programming stuff on diesel trucks so I could get a deal on the programming aspect. Get up in the 30's for mpg not hauling

Those early model DuraMax engines bad injector problems and pump problems. Our diesel tech used to hate those engines, especially when they were under warranty with 50,000 miles. Used to have to run a lot of tests on the flow and return rates to find the bad one, replace it and do it all over til they were all in specs.
Doing 4 to 6 injector was a pain for him.
No kidding. We got about a year out of the injectors and it started to have really bad problems restarting in the warm weather. Ended up installing a new am lift pump this summer and that seemed to solve most of the problems. Something is still not quite right, but it works well enough so we won't be touching it.

I used to have an 82 Chevy Luv with a diesel, near 40mpg, pulled ok, if you could down shift fast enough to keep the RPMs up. Never had any problems with it after I cleaned and adjusted the injectors and replaced the timing belt. Had over 300,000 on it when I sold it for $500.

Latest posts

Back