Volks-man gotta ? for ya

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy F-Bomb... What is going on here? I have not been a member all that long, and I have really learned a $#!t-Ton from people like Brad. I think we all look forward to his posts. Personally I think :sucks:. If he tried to make it right, then let it be. I think some of you "NON-OHIO CHAINSAW MAFIA" are ----> :deadhorse:

Last edited:
I agree, and as of right now I'm questioning a few things myself.

Ya, I just cant believe it all. and all over 2 busted cooling fins. Anybody is crazy if they believe that 2 fins less will overheat a saw. Stihl is just covering their ass when they say it'll overheat, of course they wont recommend it?? WTF I should go take a pic of a 371 cylinder I have here, it would blow your mind, I think nearly half of the fins are missing, and its been in service for a year now, and P&C are still fine, and its woods ported to boot.

Wow, don't know how I missed this little drama till now. lol

This is the first problem I have ever heard of on a saw that was shipped by Brad to anyone. You all think he should leave AS over it?

All this thread has done is add to the list of people here I can't find any respect for.

I agree that this has got to be one of the worst threads in AS history, full of wannabes and little men all getting high on picking on someone else.

Mr. HE:cool:

Wow, don't know how I missed this little drama till now. lol

This is the first problem I have ever heard of on a saw that was shipped by Brad to anyone. You all think he should leave AS over it?

All this thread has done is add to the list of people here I can't find any respect for.

I agree that this has got to be one of the worst threads in AS history, full of wannabes and little men all getting high on picking on someone else.

Ya, a kid fell down in the sand box, and all the other kids are kicking sand in his face.

Ya, a kid fell down in the sand box, and all the other kids are kicking sand in his face.

Yep, and people wonder why I don't contribute more here. I've seen them do this sort of thing before and I'm too hotheaded to put up with it.

Only mistake Brad has made that I can see is loving chainsaws and trying to share that love of saws here on AS.

I knew when joat started that thread this was going to happen, it was written in the wind as they say.

Ya, I just cant believe it all. and all over 2 busted cooling fins. Anybody is crazy if they believe that 2 fins less will overheat a saw. Stihl is just covering their ass when they say it'll overheat, of course they wont recommend it?? WTF I should go take a pic of a 371 cylinder I have here, it would blow your mind, I think nearly half of the fins are missing, and its been in service for a year now, and P&C are still fine, and its woods ported to boot.

2 busted fins and a lot of lying you mean.

attachment.php

blsnelling said:
First of all, it had no broken fins. Second of all, you bought a used saw. It's yours now.
blsnelling said:
Further more, you've had someone else working on the saw. It's not my baby any more.

Last edited:
Apparently went to bed to early last night.

1. Is the cylinder pictured supposed to have been bought off another AS member and cleaned up and placed of the 066 that Joat bought?

2. Is that the photo of the cylinder that was used to sell it to Brad?

3. Was all the discoloration cleaned up off the cylinder when the saw was received via UPS or was it still discolored? It looks like it was exposed to pretty hot running conditions.

4. Aside from the busted fins was there any other functional issues with the jug?

5. Has the saw been torn down any farther? Any more issues?

I think most poster's are using this as an example of "tough love", I'm sure Brad has agonized over this all night. Any lessons learned, I imagine.
Whether or not it was intentional or an honest mistake, he's right, it has effected his credibility and "honor or integrity" with some members.
It'll take a long time and good intentions to overcome it. We all need to remember is all we leave this world with is the last name carved on a piece of granite, it's what people associate with that name is our legacy.

Yep, and people wonder why I don't contribute more here. I've seen them do this sort of thing before and I'm too hotheaded to put up with it.

Who are these people that you speak of that are wondering why you don't contribute? I guess I've never wondered that, has anyone else wondered why?:)

[Only mistake Brad has made that I can see is loving chainsaws and trying to share that love of saws here on AS.

The only mistake that Brad made was getting greedy, I beleive it started as a hobby and then he seen $$$$$ early on. And for a while it was good. But then came more greed and he started getting sloppy, missing broken fins and price gouging for saws that weren't simply worth what he was asking, he knew becasue HE was selling it that some fool would throw the money out there, Now he has a tainted record and people want to point the finger at different Chainsaw forums and everyone else for what he did. It just seems all to often that Brad is in the water boiling. It wasn't long ago he wanted 50.00 for changing test pistons in new condition saws so he could test them. He was making a buck off AS members to test free pistons from Bailey's...WTF!!!

I knew when joat started that thread this was going to happen, it was written in the wind as they say

I see Joat being called as the culprit by some, Joat was called out either to shut up or put out the bread so Joat swallowed his pride and bought the saw, and you can bet Joat was going to look to see if he got what he paid for, and Thall did. Nothing wrong with that at all. The way I see it Brad started this deal all on his own, Not Joat, Thall, RS or any other person here, if Brad sold what he was supposed to be selling, a 700.00 saw then Joat would have gone with it. It was Brad that called Joat out not the other way around. I think it time for Brad to get back to basics of life, this hobby is starting to consume him:(

I find him to be a youngin' on the right path to being a man.

And he did a great job on the Raffle.Thanks Again !!

I guess I'm glad you brought up raffles. Full disclosure here. Brad was instrumental in the success of the raffle I had for my brother. The work he did to prepare the raffled saw was far beyond what I expected of him.

Likewise, Joat made a major monetary contribution in the raffle. I won't give the number, but believe me when I tell you it was substantial.

These are both decent guys. We all say or do things we wish we hadn't. All of us. Sounds like things have been settled (or points have been made) between Brad and Joat. Let's let it go.

Last edited:
The world has not seen a perfect christian yet, but that does nothing to diminish its teachings and relevance. Maybe its best to leave religion out of this. Everyone that is now acting with moral superiority, I would bet will have a dishonest moment, or step out of line before there number is up. This has nothing to do with Brad or this whole transaction, I just see religion being dragged into this when it shouldn't be.

Tim

correct--but space is morally higher than everyone else--hes a lawyer wanna be

Do you really want to be known as being that incompetent more than just the guy who tried to pull a fast one? Either way, it's not pretty. At least one is honest. Honesty is a valuable resource, and believe me dude, you ain't got many resources to spare at this juncture.

says another wanna be "honest" lawyer

Guys,
I am new here. I want to cut wood for my fireplace, maybe 30 cords or so a year and can't decide what the best saw is. I see the fancy "sewing machine" type at the big box stores and was wondering are they really worth THAT much money more then the tried and true workhorse of the land.....THE WILD THING !!!!!!

oh and I see there is two caps on the fancy saws do you just use the extra one for reserve gasoline( straight of course !!)

:cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back