Wacker jumping jack compactor

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carhartt

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I got a Wacker jumping jack compactor that needs and overhaul. Anyone know where I can get engine parts? I am fine with aftermarket parts. Need P/C, bearings and seals. Just started this project yesterday so I am open to any and all suggestions. I assume they have there own line of engines.

I'd check around local rental stores for a Wacker dealer and they should be able to get you some parts. Wacker is a real common name around here. I wouldn't expect to find many aftermarket parts for that jewel. IIRC, the one we used to have had their own design of engine on it. It got smashed now we got a Bobcat brand with a 4 cycle honda.

Thing is a 2 stroke and in pretty good shape. Just blown up or seized I should say. Seems like moisture got in it. Rings rusted along with bearings. I got a PARTNER K750 and this compactor for 50.00. I have no need for it but can spin some quick cash with it, if I can find all the parts. A plumber that knows nothing about engines obviously.

I checked with local dealers in my area. OEM prices where pretty high. I found an online parts dist with aftermarket parts with prices more like I wanted to spend. OEM prices where so high I questioned myself if anyone would spend that to rebuild one, but I guess these compactors are expensive new.

I checked with local dealers in my area. OEM prices where pretty high. I found an online parts dist with aftermarket parts with prices more like I wanted to spend. OEM prices where so high I questioned myself if anyone would spend that to rebuild one, but I guess these compactors are expensive new.

It's been 6 or 7 years since we bought our last one, I think it was 3 something, almost 4,000.00 dollars then.

I have an old one (jumping model) and was considering taking it to the recycler...... :msp_w00t:

Check with someone who's a Stens dealer. Stens has started carrying some aftermarket tamper parts. They list serveral for Wacker.

Well she is all back together and jumpin up and down. GF asked what i am going to do with it? I said watch this and finished my beer and set the can down and just like that I had a flat can. Now i have something to do on the down time. Expensive can crusher, but fun.

Latest posts

Back