Wallenstein splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stihlmizer

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a wallenstein splitter with a 9hp Honda engine that a gear in the hydraulic pump shattered. The pump was a 16gpm and costs $525 from dealer. The splitter itself only cost $1400. Will it affect it a lot if I put a 10gpm delta pump on it? It's the only pump I can find that is the same shape. The salesman said the only difference I would see would be I'm the speed, faster or slower than before and that it would not have any less power. He also said the pump would run fine off the 9hp engine. Another question I have is what would cause that gear to break

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I don't know which model you have but a 9 hp. splitter will normally use a 2-stage 16 gpm pump. The pump mounts are a standard 4-bolt pattern and any brand will fit with little or no hose relocation ; Haldex/Barnes,Northern Tool,IFP,MTE ; average price $140-$160. The pump shown on their web site appears to be a MTE brand pump.

The pump o have is a delta mte, but its a 10gpm and was $160, I haven't found a 16gpm

I found the right pump for $150, ill have to return the wrong on and buy the right one, thanks.

how old is your splitter? My Father in law just bought a Wallenstein splitter. Very nice splitter, I like the tall, sharp wedge on it.

It was new in 2007 or 8, its a great splitter other than the pump capping out, if you end up needing a parts don't goto dealer (unless its under warranty) dealer wanted $525, I got one for $150 from a vender on eBay.

Back