Wanna see some big-ol iron runnin?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hoss,

Thanks and great job.

Wish I could buy you a tepid Folgers. Maybe someday.

Joat

I suspect that you have about as much experience with the Biguns as anyone around, so I will as a very subjective question. Which of the big saws do you think is the fastest cutting? Also I notice that you didn't cut with the mighty SP125. Do you have one, or have you cut with one? I got a chance to use Mark's at the Rienbeck GTG and I was very impressed. JR

Yes I have two 125's and a 797 super.One of the 125's will be getting a new piston/rings tomorrow as a matter of fact. I will be at the shop all day tommorrow and if the rain is not too bad there will be a lot more videos tommorrow. I got my 550 homie in today, so it will be my first time with it tommorrow. There were probably almost 30 saws in that size category (some are doubles or triples of ones you have already seen) that were not run in those videos. As far as speed (all my saws are stock) , it depends on the size of the wood, but I would say that the mac 797 super, the 750 homie, the 111s and the 084 all would scare most people. My personal fav. is the 750 but the 797 is a very close second.

I hadn't realized that the Mac 73 video had not processed at all so I have reloaded and it is ready to go now. Check out "Hoss's mac 73" if you want to see that giant Mac workin.

.....................I will be at the shop all day tommorrow and if the rain is not too bad there will be a lot more videos tommorrow. I got my 550 homie in today, so it will be my first time with it tommorrow. ...........

Enjoy the rain. Sunday midafternoon it was raining and 60F. By 10PM it was 0F. We are looking at -5F Monday night. I know that is not cold by others standards but the temp drop is signifigant to me.

It is heading your way.

Bill

Enjoy the rain. Sunday midafternoon it was raining and 60F. By 10PM it was 0F. We are looking at -5F Monday night. I know that is not cold by others standards but the temp drop is signifigant to me.

It is heading your way.

Bill

AAAAaarrrrrgghhhh!!! I hope it at least quits long enough for me to make a few cuts.

You got crops on Bill? Winter wheat?

JJ,

No this is corn country. We just plant corn and soybeans. I want to try to double crop winter wheat then beans in late June but I know as soon as I do it then we will get a cold wet spring. I actually want a very hard cold winter. I live on the banks of the Mississppi River and I love to see it freeze over. It is funny though to see the trucks on it ice fishing and fall in.

Our only real problem here with cold winters is the creeks freeze up and the cows cannot get water. Also they son of a guns eat a heck of a lot more hay when it is cold.

Bill

I posted some more videos tonight in the Hoss's vidoes on youtube. I posted a 550 homie, one of my other 111S J-Reds and a mac sp81e. Hope you guys enjoy.

My fav was the 990G!...Great vids Hoss!
You guys ever eat at Cheeburger Cheeburger, over by Wegman's? Was there for the 1st time last week...great burgers, want to try the 20 oz. sometime.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Latest posts

Back