Want a new saw, 24 inch bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
crabhab

crabhab

ArboristSite Member
I am looking at 70cc saws as well. In my area the best deal around is a Still/Husqvarna dealer who is selling their Husq inventory at 15% off msrp. I am selling my MS 290 and I will be upgrading to a Husqvarna 365xt with 24 inch bar. Grind away the restrictor plates and I got a 372xp for 645.96

Gamedic

Gamedic

ArboristSite Member
I just bought a Husqvarna 555 Autotune off EBay. It comes with an 18 inch bar. I hope it will run a 24 inch bar ok. I have owned several Stihls but only one Husky. I don't know much about them. I bought this husqvarna 555 based on a couple of threads on this forum. Any advice and feed back would be greatly appreciated. What about suggestions for a bar and chain. By the way a pro arborist is cutting the big oak down for me in about a month. Once it's on the ground it's up to me to work it up. I can't wait.

dl5205

dl5205

The 555 takes a husky Small Mount bar, so your bar length will be limited to whatever is offered. I believe 24", but could be wrong.

I like to run a 18" on my 60cc saws.

Gamedic

Gamedic

ArboristSite Member
The saw has a 20 inch bar on it, but I will need a 24 occasionally. This big oak I am going to cut for firewood is even larger than I thought. I had initially Sid it was a 4 foot tree, but it's larger than that. The trunk looks to be hollow, so I think I can still handle it with a 24 inch bar. If it gets solid before it gets below 4 foot I may have to do some creative cutting. At the least I'm glad I'm not cutting it down.

Gamedic

Gamedic

ArboristSite Member
When it rains it pours, chainsaws that is. I ordered the husqvarna 555 this morning and traded a dump trailer load of wood for a Stihl 044 this afternoon. I also traded for a husqvarna climbing saw a few days ago. I don't remember what size the climbing saw is. Not that I would ever climb, but it's a good looking saw. I probably have $75 bucks in it.

Latest posts