Want to get a saw for a steal?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
400 bucks, huh. ya rite. too bad he don't got two! i guess some people don't know saw values too well. i wouldn't give ya 40 for that tanker

He gets to relist it free when it don't sell!

I got a free one last month, cleaning up after a farm auction (buyer refused to take it home); looks about the same, maybe a little more rust on the bar.

are ya gonna make it run? maybe its just me, but those david bradleys just look like some big ugly awkward dinosaurs of a saw. course for all i know they may cut like heck. sure would like to try one, though.

it highly resembles my old blue super xl
. it was a run anytime, run all the time saw. heavy ,great day. couldnt stand it now.

The old Homelite XL's were lightweight saws at the time. These DBs were always heavy piles of junk. Maybe they ran out of aluminum and started using lead they had on hand. Or that it was a 2-for-1 deal: First chainsaw, then mooring anchor.

From what I have seen in the last two years or so, the David Bradley saws sell for around $0-$40 on ebay. The vast majority sell for about $20. The heavy things can cost $25 or more to ship. I wonder if this guy checked "ended auctions" on ebay. There have been quite a few David Bradley's lately. The sad thing is this guy will have to pay a $3.30 insertion fee. He can relist it for free only if it sells the second time. I recently got two of these 360 David Bradley saws for less than his insertion fees. I am just like the rest of you if he gets this sold I will produce a never ending supply of them.

I think the seller is in la-la land if he thinks he'll get that much out of his D.B. I have a D.B. 360 chainsaw and I still use it occasionally to buck firewood. Mine has the geardrive for the chain, and I think the steel gears account for a lot of the 25 lb powerhead weight. If you are patient with the saw and let the weight of the saw carry the bar down through the cut, you can cut quite a bit of wood with it. I've never tried to fell a tree with it, and it is absolutely unsafe to try to do any overhead limbing with it.
It is also a loud S.O.B. I was cutting inside the city limits one day and a guy came up to me and said I had to stop cutting because he didn't like the sound of chainsaws. I told him I was almost done, and he took a couple of steps toward me and told me I had to stop "right now". I reached down and revved the engine a couple of times and he left in a hurry.

Does anyone out there have a 26 inch bar for one of these saws. My saw has the 20 inch bar, and I've never been able to lug the engine.

John C.

Back