Webstore need customers input

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lawnmowertech37

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
On my webstore i need customers input is it easy to understand or does it need work done to it

I do know when i first put it together i did not know what i was doing but this was back in 2005 or so but here is the thing i have products on there that are nla and out of 4000 plus part #s it is going to be difficult for me to see which ones in that list are nla from rotary etc. that is why i am going to be totally re doing the whole site this process can take some time in doing

Prices are they competitive ?

Images how they look i know some do not have images on the products

Descriptions needs some work i know but i need to know what the overall appearance looks like to the customer

the Homepage etc.

does anything need to be added to the site
please let me know your comments

and suggestions and thank you for your response

calvin

Hey Lawnmowertech! Thanks for following me on Twitter!

You can use this website tool for an evaluation on your domain.
www.websitegrader.com

It lets you know where you stand, any tweaks you might need to make with your code, and also any missing aspects that are considered industry standards.

I think your site looks pretty good overall. I didn't find it difficult to navigate at all.

Hey Lawnmowertech! Thanks for following me on Twitter!

You can use this website tool for an evaluation on your domain.
www.websitegrader.com

It lets you know where you stand, any tweaks you might need to make with your code, and also any missing aspects that are considered industry standards.

I think your site looks pretty good overall. I didn't find it difficult to navigate at all.

A website grade of 70/100 for www.cmsmallengines.net means that of the millions of websites that have previously been evaluated, our algorithm has calculated that this site scores higher than 70% of them in terms of its marketing effectiveness. The algorithm uses a proprietary blend of over 50 different variables, including search engine data , website structure, approximate traffic, site performance, and others

is this good news or bad news ?
it does suggest me to add a blog to the site but what is a blog ?

Sorry Lawnmowertech...I went to reply to you yesterday and our power went out!

70/100 isn't bad, as I mentioned, you definitely want to improve your score and follow the recommendations.

Strange, when I ran your site it gave me a grade of 84...

In any event, a "blog" is short for weblog. It functions as an online journal where you can communicate with your customers, post news and information you think they might find interesting.

You have a page called "site news", this is exactly where a blog should be. Wordpress is a good one to use, has lots of plug-ins and tools. We have the pro-version on our website...or you can build a separate blog for free. (www.wordpress.com) I have a couple out there for extra oomph.

It's recommended that you have it as part of your website though...the beauty is that you can have an RSS feed which syndicates your blog, gathers followers and spreads the word about your website/business.

feel free to check ours out: http://www.i80equipment.com/blog
(this is the direct link, and then we have a link button on our home page to access it)

I have it linked to all my social media so when I post on the blog, it automatically tweets, posts to facebook, etc. It has been a lot of fun setting it all up.

Latest posts

Back