Weekend report 11/21-23 What are you doing?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toddstreeservic

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
This was fun last weekend. Whats everyone got going on?

We have a big group of guys going out to cut, split, stack firewood for a single lady raising her grandson. Her husband died a couple of years ago so she is having trouble getting her wood in. She has a load of logs 4-5 cord. We have a group of 10-15 coming, 6-9 saws, 3-5 log splitters(and my fiskars). We should be done by lunch.

This afternoon I hope to get some of my firewood from my landing where I cut and split to my house so my kids can stack it.

Sunday -Church and then????

I have to recover form a shoulder operation, i've been out of the game for a month now and hope to back with my saw soon:cheers:

today its time to help my aunt go pick up a load of wood for her house. its cold cold cold so it looks like its going to be a bit of fun. Then tomorrow its down back to cut and move some brush to have a last paintball game of the year.

Cutting Wood !!! here in mid Missouri we are suppose to have 40-50 degree days both Sat and Sun, that will make some great weather to wonder into the woods and cut some more limbs and downed trees from last years ice storm. My FIL just stopped by and grabbed my chain, he has some new chain sharpening vise tool thing that he bought awhile back and loves to sharpen my chains... I've got a few chains that I circulate. So finishing up some inside items and heading to the woods.... I'll try to grab some pics and everyone be safe this weekend.

I have to finsh clearing an old road. We have an old road coming in the back of the farm with no bridges. It hasn't been used in 20 years. I started yesterday. Thanks god for a 100hp wood chipper. Mainly little cedars and under brush. The concrete ruck has to come in next week to pour piers for the firewood shed that is finally going up. I'll take pictures. It's going to be 76' by 48'. Sunday I have to deliver 2 cord of firewood them go pick up 3 cord from the supplier.

Scott

Neighbor gets off work in a little bit, and is graciously giving some time to help me pull a fence line of leaners into the field, they lean towards the road. The goal today is to just get the trees down, then buck later.
19* out, brrr. Won't seem so cold once we get a system down, but until then....
Tomorrow? we'll see.:greenchainsaw:

Turning keys from 6-2, then (if I do not get mandated) i will help my cousin put in a fireplace insert that he painted up 2 days ago. So far he has $120.00 for a new glass and 2 cans of stove paint in to it. then tomorrow 6-2 again, feed the 5036 and football.:clap:

I have a bunch of wood in my driveway that needs cut and some needs split. I am anxious to try out a new to me Mac 250, it has 404 chain on it. I also have to work on getting my new garage insulated, I just got it wired this week. Needless to say I have lots of work to keep me busy this weekend.

Well......... it is either install new doors on our existing fireplace or continue the search for a wood stove to put in its place. Dang those prices for a new stove are out of our reach with all the other bills around here (including mandated city sewer installation and medical bills!). We got the hydraulic cylinder repaired on our log splitter but brother-in-laws haven't returned to reinstall it. Maybe I can get them out here this weekend. All our wood is cut, split and stacked except a few late comers still need to be split. It's COLD out there! In the teens overnight!

Shari

Well, we're getting our first snow up here in Maine today. Couple inches on the ground. I'll be swapping the tiller for the snow blower in the barn rotation and doing an oil change and tuneup on the blower. Next is starter change on the Ranger (should have done it last week) and then mount up the plow and check out hydraulic system. Move splitter into the barn for the winter after one more wheelbarrow full of cedar kindling. Meanwhile there's a pot of sauce with sweet sausages bubbling on the old Glenwood C just waiting for some linguini too be cooked. This afternoon I have some plastering too do upstairs in the deck bedroom. What a drag that is! Old house with plaster/horsehair and lathe walls. It's slow going repairing a wall with a chimney behind it. Tonight I have a gig (Blues band) up the road about 30 miles at a roadhouse. Tomorrow morn I'm out early deer hunting (maybe LOL):cheers:

My wife bought 100 ft of those @#$% icicle lights. According to the Weather Channel it's 23 degrees but it feels like 10 and she and the kids just have to have them up today.

No Christmas Lights here

ONLY inside! JUst what I want to do get up on a ladder when it's a 10F windchill. I'll spend the weekend feeding the "DOG" (5036) and Today College Football, Sunday NFL!!!! Awesome!!!!! Cold days can't (won't) work outside.:chainsaw: :chainsaw:

Did a little handyman job for a neighbor, did some stuff around the house, stoked up the Silver Star and am now thinking about a nap. Oh, and to the grocery store in a lil bit.

Today started with a ham-and-eggs breakfast with the missus (rare occasion we meet in the morning) and then off to cut MIL her firewood .

Good day, we had our first snow here but it was sunny and freezing so a perfect scene to make a carpet of chips.

FIL and BIL stacking and handling and me cutting with the 361. 12m2 (9*9*3ft) in exactly 2,5 hours including the refills and coffees.

then a lunch from MILs kitchen and back home.

In the afternoon finally installed the chimney pipes of the Jotul 602 and had it smoking for couple of hours (1st burn)

Unstacked a weekpile of wood so the misses can also reach the wood during the week.

and now.. enjoying a beer and some AS while both stoves are burning and keeping the whole house at 24 celcius with more snow coming outside.

Life can be good!

:cheers:

Last edited:
I got the last of the wood in the utility room, four full cords. A half cord is by the landing of the stove and a half cord on the front porch. I just took down the venison jerky by the wood stove and fighting the temptation not to open a beer before the evening hunt. 19 out side and 74 inside - life is good...

not accomplishing much today. watched a little football, stacked square straw bales around the dog kennel so the shepherd has a cozy spot. still enjoying some coals from the morning "warm up" fire.

I was actually hoping to get some ideas from this thread since I cant go cut wood. Its rifle deer season here and if i went to some of my cutting spots i might not make any friends.

Get home from work Sat. morning sleep a few hrs. watch Ohio State beat that team up north. Maybe watch Penn State/Michigan State. I like Joe-pa & if he were still undefeated I would root for Penn. But a Michigan State win puts OSU in the Rose Bowl. Sunday maybe deer hunt morning, cut wood,then hunt again in the afternoon. And I am on vacation from work next week. Life is good. :cheers:

We got 5 full cord cut/split/stacked in just under 4 hours. We had three saws running 2 wood splitters and my fiskars and two ford rangers moving it to where it was stacked. It was 20 degrees and a little windy with snow flurries. I had ice in my beard from sweating.

Went and picked up the wood from an apple tree we took down this past week. Maybe I will go pick up the cherry tomorrow.

Back