Weekend report 11/21-23 What are you doing?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I watched my Buckeyes kill the team from up north and than scored two truck loads of elm, red oak, and sycamore right in town. The wood was cut and stacked by a local park(1/2 mile) from my house. Although the sycamore is not great the elm and red oak more than make up for it. I plan to split some wood tomorrow and play with the wife and kids.

Yeah, U of M is having a terrible season! The only MI teams worth rooting for now are MSU and high school teams!

Son in law and I cut a couple loads yesterday then I went pheasant hunting.
Pic is from last year. I wish it was warm enough for fog right now.
birddogs.jpg

Today will be a repeat but maybe 2 loads a piece.

Last edited:
painting.....

I thought that I was going to get out this weekend on my 4 days off and cut and split about 2 cords of wood in the yard........The wife had other plans for me, gotta paint the babys room before he is born in January.....It's gonna be a 12 pack day I can feel it! I hate painting, but......it is cold out, and there is football to be watched today :cheers:

I thought that I was going to get out this weekend on my 4 days off and cut and split about 2 cords of wood in the yard........The wife had other plans for me, gotta paint the babys room before he is born in January.....It's gonna be a 12 pack day I can feel it! I hate painting, but......it is cold out, and there is football to be watched today :cheers:

congrats on the little one!! just had our second last week.

starting next years pile

Started splittin for next year and getting the "shed" cleaned out. Moved the snowblower from storage and up to the garage. Still warm around here and cleaning up the rest of the leaves. Got to do the gutters too, which I hate!

attachment.php

Son in law and I cut a couple loads yesterday then I went pheasant hunting.
Pic is from last year. I wish it was warm enough for fog right now.
birddogs.jpg

Today will be a repeat but maybe 2 loads a piece.

Great pic! The dogs look like they worked hard that day. We finally got some fog here, which made quail hunting a lot better. Missy, our Lab, is a little stiff this morning.
Dok

Had to work yesterday and today, but had fun on Friday! Went out and helped a friend cut some wood. He knows someone that lets him cut, the trees have been down a couple of years. All oak, some of it was pretty big. Equipment used-My Stihl MS250 with an 18" bar and Husqvarna 272xp with a 28" bar, his Stihl 029 Super with a 20" bar. Also brought my Huskee log splitter. We had a blast. After we cut up all the smaller stuff, we fired up the 272 and started cutting the big stuff. It was hilarious, as soon as one of us put the saw down to do something, the other picked it up to use it. I think I see a used 272 for himself in the near future:) We ended up cutting two truck loads and called it a day.

Accomplished the weekends goal, albeit spontaneous, and gained a ham sandwhich from the neighbors wife at the end, and adult conversation as a cherry on top of my sunday.
My m.o. implies adult interaction as a rare occurance.
The neighborly time obligation has shifted my way now, have to design appropriate uses of a second set of capable hands/mind.

This afternoon, Sunday, I headed into the woods again to cut up some misc woods. Overall had a great weekend outdoors, temp got to almost 60 this afternoon.

Found another Hickory, I love Hickory and Oaks. This area (next to my house) is not very thick, we have some acres I can hardly drive through with my 4 wheeler.
nov_23_1.jpg

I spent about an hour or so cutting and stacking up the limbs. Here is a shot as I am finished heading to get my trailer.
nov_23_2.jpg

Here was my last load for the day, found an old Red Elm, been down for years but real solid wood, I think it will burn well. This is the pile, mostly 16" - 18", I have gotten for my dad's insert, two weekends work.
nov_23_3.jpg

Last edited:
I creek: ya missed that bad leaner/arch, perfect for a rocking chair or something. :hmm3grin2orange:

The neighbor let me keep his 036 for bucking, ..... it's just the right size and speed for reducing the trees we dropped yesterday.

Back