Weird - TSC Huskee 27Ton Log Splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I purchased a zturn mower from TSC, and I couldn't be happier with the service. The mandrel blew apart on a Saturday, and the third party repair man was at my house the next day on a Sunday afternoon. Parts had to be ordered, but four days later I had a new mandrel, three new blades, and a big smile on my face. All the credit goes to the business owner who works 7 days a week during busy season. TSC's part in was to call me three times for their annoying customer service survey. It was the first time in my life that I participated in any phone survey... that's how happy I was!

I would be nuts by now if the shop was sitting a brand new splitter....UGH.

everyone raves about their outstanding customer service.

i would take the advice of the previous posters and call Carolyn.what do you have to lose at this point? time to get some results!

i have quit buying from TSC.they are about par with Harbor Freight.just a Chinese clearing house these days.when i was a kid,the one in Lapeer Michigan was awesome! going there was a treat and an adventure. just like Tom's Hardware in Oxford Michigan.

If TSC was the ONLY PLACE that had something I needed ,I WOULD DO WITH OUT!!!

I purchased a zturn mower from TSC, and I couldn't be happier with the service. The mandrel blew apart on a Saturday, and the third party repair man was at my house the next day on a Sunday afternoon. Parts had to be ordered, but four days later I had a new mandrel, three new blades, and a big smile on my face. All the credit goes to the business owner who works 7 days a week during busy season. TSC's part in was to call me three times for their annoying customer service survey. It was the first time in my life that I participated in any phone survey... that's how happy I was!

I would be nuts by now if the shop was sitting a brand new splitter....UGH.

Dont you mean MTD zturn???:monkey:

Well, I took your advice and called speeco. I talked with Carolyn and let me tell you, if anyone is having a problem with a speeco product and getting no resolution, call Carolyn. She is a great help and this is why you hire a person like her for customer service.

She had been informed about this thread, which is very cool and thanks for whomever let her know. She was about to send me a pm to get my information so we could talk.

Like most of you on this thread, she was very confused about the way TSC and PPP handled the situation. She too, had no luck getting a hold of Sparks Service and I don't think she is going to stop trying to get a hold of them. She said if I would have had the splitter she would have 2nd day aired the part to me. Both of us are a little distressed at where the splitter is going to end up.

I would hate to see Sparks Service screw me out of a splitter for 6 months and then get to keep the splitter and replace a $30 dollar part and have a brand new splitter out of the deal. Sure doesn't send the right message.

I highly doubt Sparks even called Speeco to get a replacement part.

In the end, Carolyn made me feel much better about the Speeco company and how they will/would handle warranty products and to talk directly to there warranty/customer service department.

I stopped by the local TSC where I purchased the splitter and the manager, who was very understanding, said he would make it right. I was worried as when I bought the splitter, the new model is more expensive.

At the end of all this, I don't know if I am going to buy a splitter right now. I might just try to borrow one for the weekend. Priorities have changed. the money might go to a snowblower for my tractor and just deal with the splitter next spring. I have stacked a ton of wood without splitting. I wanted it split so it would season faster, but I didn't have the option. I have been stacking larger wood than I would have liked to already. The pile of wood that I have to be split, is one that is pretty difficult to move by hand, hence the need to split.

I guess we'll see when and if the check shows up.

keep ya posted

Leirtech,

Give Carolyn a couple days...

Things WILL break loose once she gets to levering for ya.
The stupid extended warranty complicates things I'm sure.

I agree with ya though. I'd be all kinds of ticked off and chewing nails.

Hang in there!!

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Well, I took your advice and called speeco. I talked with Carolyn and let me tell you, if anyone is having a problem with a speeco product and getting no resolution, call Carolyn. She is a great help and this is why you hire a person like her for customer service.

She had been informed about this thread, which is very cool and thanks for whomever let her know. She was about to send me a pm to get my information so we could talk.

Like most of you on this thread, she was very confused about the way TSC and PPP handled the situation. She too, had no luck getting a hold of Sparks Service and I don't think she is going to stop trying to get a hold of them. She said if I would have had the splitter she would have 2nd day aired the part to me. Both of us are a little distressed at where the splitter is going to end up.

I would hate to see Sparks Service screw me out of a splitter for 6 months and then get to keep the splitter and replace a $30 dollar part and have a brand new splitter out of the deal. Sure doesn't send the right message.

I highly doubt Sparks even called Speeco to get a replacement part.

In the end, Carolyn made me feel much better about the Speeco company and how they will/would handle warranty products and to talk directly to there warranty/customer service department.

I stopped by the local TSC where I purchased the splitter and the manager, who was very understanding, said he would make it right. I was worried as when I bought the splitter, the new model is more expensive.

At the end of all this, I don't know if I am going to buy a splitter right now. I might just try to borrow one for the weekend. Priorities have changed. the money might go to a snowblower for my tractor and just deal with the splitter next spring. I have stacked a ton of wood without splitting. I wanted it split so it would season faster, but I didn't have the option. I have been stacking larger wood than I would have liked to already. The pile of wood that I have to be split, is one that is pretty difficult to move by hand, hence the need to split.

I guess we'll see when and if the check shows up.

keep ya posted

See, we told you so..

Back