Welch Plug Sealer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
10% Alcohol in gas tends to dissolve the finger nail polish from what I have seen....

So what is your suggestion Sir? That's all I have ever used in the past and never even thought about todays alcohol in gas fuels. :mad: I see your point. :cheers:

NEVER use sealer - even the factory sealer from Zama has become a service problem with the "new gas".

Just place the welch plug in the hole/recess, and tap it lightly on top with a suitably shaped punch to distort it. (you may need to grind one if you don't have a zama/walbro tool kit) Tap it too much and you'll make it loose...

Blowing compressed air not recommend in newer carbs -they have internal NON-replaceable check vaves that get damaged.

hmm

I Have never sealed them, never had a problem.
Even when I used to tinker with old sleds with Tillitson HR &HD carbs, we never sealed them. Just dimpled the center to expand the whole thing.
As far as it totally sealing...I don't know If it sealed 100%, but I'll bet it sealed 99.9%
Jim

Some of the Zama plugs are so wimpy, that they need a sealer. But I also have seen carb trouble from their sealer breaking up too.......

10% Alcohol in gas tends to dissolve the finger nail polish from what I have seen....

If alcohol dissolved nail polish, my mom would have to buy stock in Revlon...

However, I would not use any sealer on a welch plug.

Back