Welcome our new Klotz Sponsor - Klotzlubemn

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'd like to welcome our newest sponsor, Klotzlubemn. As his username would suggest, he is a Klotz oil dealer. He's been selling it for 14 years, particularly in the MX and sled arenas. His prices are way cheaper than what you'll find at your local shops. WELCOME!!

I'll just add that I've been running Klotz R50 in all of my saws for the last year. I have saws turning as high as 17,400 RPMs and have not had one issue with bearings or seizures. It burns clean and smells very racy:) I couldn't ask for better protection from what I've seen and read.

Awesome! :rock:

I was just thinking about buying some, actually thinking about contacting him after I read some of your posts, Brad and xcr440.

Welcome!! :clap:

I believe he ships nearly every day, so you're not going to be waiting long to receive an order.

Hey Rick, would you care to enlighten us on what you believe to be the best Klotz oil for use in a chainsaw, stock or modded? R50? Super Techniplate?

Which part of MN is he in?

Also, curious if the Klotz will allow me to only have to mix one ratio rather than two or three? That would be a big PLUS!

I have been using the "Original TechniPlate" in my string trimmer, chainsaws, garden cultivator, and hedge trimmer. No problems, no smoke, fast shipping.

What equipment would you be running it in?

I'll fill in my sig right away (sorry about me lacking a good sig).

I run a Stihl FS55R trimmer and Husky 385XP saw (50:1), Mac chainsaws from the 70's-90's (40:1), and a few other 40:1 chainsaws and trimmers. Looking at buying a Kombi-System powerhead too, but not sure which company. I guess it would only be two ratios then.

Thanks Brad!

I don't suppose he also deals in bar lube? :p Not to change the subject, but just a simple question/answer. Does bar lube brands make any difference? I've been running the cheap stuff all my life. Will I notice a difference with premium brands?

Oh, filled in my sig too. It can only get bigger! :rock:

Klotz

Great! Welcome

I much rather buy from a sponsor. Purchased my last gallon of R50 from Klotzwarehouse.

Thanks Brad!

I don't suppose he also deals in bar lube? :p Not to change the subject, but just a simple question/answer. Does bar lube brands make any difference? I've been running the cheap stuff all my life. Will I notice a difference with premium brands?

Oh, filled in my sig too. It can only get bigger! :rock:

Depends on if you want to smell "racy" or not. :chainsaw:

I've been running R50 (love that smell) in my Polaris ATV for years. I will start using it in my saws as soon as my husky xp oil is gone. I would also like to know which Klotz oil is recommended for chain saws.

Hi Guys,
Thanks for all the welcome messages.
I am excited to be a part of this community.
From the little I have read, it seems like a great place to exchange info and get help and that's one reason I chose to be a paying sponsor of the site.
The oil sales are a hobby of mine and I do it out of my home. I try to check my emails everyday and check in on the web site often.

As blsnelling said, the majority of my business market is the snowmobiling market. That is then probably followed up by ATV, Boating and other 2 stroke applications. Klotz does offer a full line of 4 stroke oils also for cars, trucks, ATV and other applications.

I am west of Mpls, MN about 25 miles. But, I ship via UPS and have customers all over the country including Alaska and Canada. I try to ship almost every day because when you order it, you probably needed it yesterday too. I do paypal and credit cards for easy payment.

Many of you know that Klotz has been around for a long time and I probably hear most often "ya, I used to run that stuff in my dirt bike back in the 70's! It was great - and smelled awesome!" They still have a great product and that unique Klotz "race gas" smell to it.

Klotz is ONE of the premium oils on the market and there are several. I am not one to bash another oil, because I don't know enough about all the other oils and I would be talking out my butt to try to do so.

Klotz products are 100% synthetic and I am a firm believer in synthetic oils and the benefits that they can provide to stuff that needs to be lubricated.

The R-50 oil is probably the most common oil I sell for chain saws as it is made for motors that run at high rpm's - typically 10,000 rpm+. It burns clean, mixes easily with gas, is tinted red, mixes with other petroleum & synthetic oils. And, yes it has that signature Klotz race gas smell!

Feel free to email me, PM me or give me a call directly with any questions that you might have on the Klotz products. Even if the question has been asked 100 times, I don't mind to answer any questions...and if I don't know for sure, I will tell you and we can check with the technical staff directly at Klotz.

Whew, ok, thanks again and I will be here on the side lines.

Rick

I was looking at Klotz's web site and the R50 says:

"About Klotz R 50
R 50 synthetic lubricant was developed exclusively for use in Hi-RPM racing engines. TechniPlate R racing lubricity system protects engines from extreme heat and virtually eliminates engine wear. R 50 film strength is comparable to castor oil, but has the benefits of Clean Burn technology. Not alcohol compatible."

It doesn't look to me that it should be run in fuel with ethanol in it, is this correct??

Back