Welcome our new Klotz Sponsor - Klotzlubemn

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You see some oils packaged to mix with 2.5 gallons of gas.
How is Klotz R-50 packaged?

Oh bty Welcome to AS.

The R-50 is a very popular chain saw oil.
40:1 or 50:1 mixtures with this oil, depending on your personal preference.

The R-50 comes in Pints, Quarts, Gallons and Barrels (55).

The quarts and gallons both have graduation marks with a sight line on the side for premixing so you know how much you have put in.

I don't currently stock the pints, but I do have the quarts and the gallons.

9.00 on the quarts

34.00 on the gallons

Plus what ever it cost to ship it to you.

Thanks for all welcomes...

Rick

Rick, do you charge actual cost for shipping, or by weight or flat rate? UPS/FedEx/USPS? I'm at the southwest corner of the state.

I charge the actual costs for shipping, packaging to you.
For most shipments I use UPS. In MN and the states surrounding MN, I use Spee-Dee delivery. They offer great service and usually next day delivery.

Rick

Rick, I'll bet the USPS flat rate boxes in alot of cases will be your cheapest and make for easy shipping quotes but I'm guessing will require the quarts to fit in. Klotz needs to design a package that fits the flat rate box for maximum benefit.This sounds crazy but some mfgs will actually design products to fit those boxes. Liquid product would be real easy. Oh yeh....you got a bunch of hats on order???

Rick, I'll bet the USPS flat rate boxes in alot of cases will be your cheapest and make for easy shipping quotes but I'm guessing will require the quarts to fit in. Klotz needs to design a package that fits the flat rate box for maximum benefit.This sounds crazy but some mfgs will actually design products to fit those boxes. Liquid product would be real easy. Oh yeh....you got a bunch of hats on order???

OH GOD,
Don't get me started on the USPS...

The flat rate box is a great way to ship, but when you say "yes" to the question if it contains liquid and then they say "what is it" and you say "ah, oil?" Katy bar the door. The window shuts, the doors lock, a blue light inside flashes and everyone vanishes from site...you would think you tipped over a tanker truck of AV Gas in the lobby.

I have had my roundabouts with the 50+ lady behind the small town counter of the USPS and it hasn't been pretty. I have learned a big portion of the USPS DMM (their shipping bible). They have allowed me to ship 1 gallon at a time as long as I pack it, double pack it, re-pack it and leave in triplicate the MSDS sheet for it.

In all honesty, a couple of quarts in that flat rate box would be the way to go and I may try that again...(but will wear a flack jacket just in case!)

Rick

Hey I got an idea....I'll trade you AV Gas for oil!:) I'll send the equivalent gas for a 50:1 mix. Oh wait a minute........no way would that work , major HAZMAT issue and 50xs the volume to ship. Just farting out loud never mind.

The R-50 doesn't have any fuel stabilizers in it. You are right, you shouldn't keep fuel for very long. Typically, I have heard that 2-3 months max in a plastic container. The octane will leach out through plastic and the gas will become weak and break down. The oil will not break down, only the quality of the gas, which in turn will make the whole mixture poor quality. A sealed metal can is always best for long term fuel storage.

The R-50 has an excellent rust inhibitor and can be used as a storage lubricant.

Klotz makes an octane booster that comes in a metal can. It is not so much to increase performance (to gain hp) but more of a fuel stabilizer. It is also an excellent fuel system cleaner. It will pick up water in gas and carry it through and make it burnable. It is a great storage additive. In a lot of ways it has many of the same qualities that Sea Foam has and I know quite a few of you use that.

BTW, my local motorcyled shop charges $8 for a pint. You're selling twice that for a dollar more. Yes, I know there's shipping, but still...

Rick

Sounds good to me. Thanks for all the valuable info you're bringing to the table. It's nice to have real answers from someone that knows their product.

The Klotz oils are the best! I have used them for years in my gasoline burning 2-stroke R/C airplane engines. They amount to a flying chainsaw engine anyway. And it does smell great also! :) Kinda got out of that money pit hobby for awhile now, so havn't bought any for awhile now. I just ordered a bunch of oil from Baileys, so won't be needing some for a time. But think I will give the Klotz oil a try from you guys next time.

Gregg,

I charge the actual costs for shipping, packaging to you.
For most shipments I use UPS. In MN and the states surrounding MN, I use Spee-Dee delivery. They offer great service and usually next day delivery.

Rick

Oh, right, totally forgot about Spee-Dee. You really can't go wrong with their service, whatsoever! Seems to stand out that the packages arrive in better shape through them. Also, they are speedy.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention Brad just ordered a gallon for everyday use. I run mix gas in everything 2 stroke 4 stroke and if it sits around longer than a month or 2 I throw it in the truck. runs great.

Hey Dan,
Ya, we are close.
My father lives out just off 7, west of winsted, and north of lester prarie, but east of silver lake.
He goes to the races in Arlington.

Rick

Hi Guys,
Thanks for all the welcome messages.
I am excited to be a part of this community.
From the little I have read, it seems like a great place to exchange info and get help and that's one reason I chose to be a paying sponsor of the site.
The oil sales are a hobby of mine and I do it out of my home. I try to check my emails everyday and check in on the web site often.

As blsnelling said, the majority of my business market is the snowmobiling market. That is then probably followed up by ATV, Boating and other 2 stroke applications. Klotz does offer a full line of 4 stroke oils also for cars, trucks, ATV and other applications.

I am west of Mpls, MN about 25 miles. But, I ship via UPS and have customers all over the country including Alaska and Canada. I try to ship almost every day because when you order it, you probably needed it yesterday too. I do paypal and credit cards for easy payment.

Many of you know that Klotz has been around for a long time and I probably hear most often "ya, I used to run that stuff in my dirt bike back in the 70's! It was great - and smelled awesome!" They still have a great product and that unique Klotz "race gas" smell to it.

Klotz is ONE of the premium oils on the market and there are several. I am not one to bash another oil, because I don't know enough about all the other oils and I would be talking out my butt to try to do so.

Klotz products are 100% synthetic and I am a firm believer in synthetic oils and the benefits that they can provide to stuff that needs to be lubricated.

The R-50 oil is probably the most common oil I sell for chain saws as it is made for motors that run at high rpm's - typically 10,000 rpm+. It burns clean, mixes easily with gas, is tinted red, mixes with other petroleum & synthetic oils. And, yes it has that signature Klotz race gas smell!

Feel free to email me, PM me or give me a call directly with any questions that you might have on the Klotz products. Even if the question has been asked 100 times, I don't mind to answer any questions...and if I don't know for sure, I will tell you and we can check with the technical staff directly at Klotz.

Whew, ok, thanks again and I will be here on the side lines.

Rick
hi rick welcome to the site so you have oil for boats ?

i live in a prime location for boaters since i live about 6 miles by the way the crow flys from the ocean

so i live where boats is one of the things people use here

i may be sending you some business

since i dont deal with oil products

rather send it to you
than wal mart etc,

calvin

anywhere near Anoka Mn ?

who is spee dee ?
are they nationwide ?

Last edited:

Hey guys,
Was gone from the computer for the weekend...

Klotz doesn't offer any bar oil for chainsaws.

Last year, they did come out with gallon mix packs. I didn't have any call for them and at the time, they were expensive (relative to a quart or gallon) per ounce, so I held off.

However, I may look into getting some this fall as I think it would be an item of interest, especially in this arena of oil users. I will find out the price of them and see if they are still making them.

Rick

hi rick welcome to the site so you have oil for boats ?

i live in a prime location for boaters since i live about 6 miles by the way the crow flys from the ocean

so i live where boats is one of the things people use here

i may be sending you some business

since i dont deal with oil products

rather send it to you
than wal mart etc,

calvin

anywhere near Anoka Mn ?

who is spee dee ?
are they nationwide ?

Hey Calvin,

I am about 20 minutes south and west of Anoka...really close!

I do carry oil for boats, and PWC. They have a great 2 stroke oil for them.
I also have 4 stroke oil and lower unit gear lube in quarts 75-90 full synthetic.

Spee-Dee is just a "local" shipping company for the Dakota's, Wisconsin, Iowa, and parts of Illinois and Nebraska...and all of Minnesota. For the rest of the shipping, I use UPS.

Let me know what you need and I will let you know what I have and get you some prices.

Thanks!

Rick

Hey Calvin,

I am about 20 minutes south and west of Anoka...really close!

I do carry oil for boats, and PWC. They have a great 2 stroke oil for them.
I also have 4 stroke oil and lower unit gear lube in quarts 75-90 full synthetic.

Spee-Dee is just a "local" shipping company for the Dakota's, Wisconsin, Iowa, and parts of Illinois and Nebraska...and all of Minnesota. For the rest of the shipping, I use UPS.

Let me know what you need and I will let you know what I have and get you some prices.

Thanks!

Rick

trust Brad completly. Said your stuff was the best, I'm in

Latest posts

Back