Well, got me a Makita....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TRI955

I'm the man in the box
Reaction score
Picked it up today from CL, seems to run really good!!! I already ordered the 54mm BB kit from Bailey's, we'll see what all the hubub is about. I'll get her cleaned up later....

DSCN1850.jpg

DSCN1851.jpg

DSCN1852.jpg

DSCN1853.jpg

Anybody need a good 6401/6400 topend?????

:cheers:
Mike

in this area there are 044 440s popn up on craiglist with 500 bucks as the price

026 260's are common from 150-300 bucks

Picked it up today from CL, seems to run really good!!! I already ordered the 54mm BB kit from Bailey's, we'll see what all the hubub is about. I'll get her cleaned up later....

Good luck! :cheers:

....but I would have opted for an OEM 7900 set-up.....:givebeer:

Looks good, Mike. What are the specs on that one and how much do you figure on gaining by going bigger? Looks like its in great shape as is.

CL around here is full of nothing but saws from guys fixing them up and offering them for close to retail price. Anytime I find an add for a good deal it seems someone already bought it before the add was placed...I cannot win.

BTW nice saw and I almost had one on CL for $30 but the usual happened when I called him on my way there like he said..."Someone was already here".

I'm jealous:greenchainsaw: Tell us about the deal...if you would.

Deal??? Not too sure, is $125 a deal??? I thought it was too much and tried to talk the guy down, it is missing a screw out of the chain brake handle after all!!!!

Mike

Deal??? Not too sure, is $125 a deal??? I thought it was too much and tried to talk the guy down, it is missing a screw out of the chain brake handle after all!!!!

Mike

Well, why don't you rub it in!!

BTW, I bought my 6401 for $75. Top end was lightly scored, but I didn't care, the OEM 7900 kit solved that no problem.

Well, why don't you rub it in!!

BTW, I bought my 6401 for $75. Top end was lightly scored, but I didn't care, the OEM 7900 kit solved that no problem.

Good find!!!

You guys make it sound like I should have bought an OEM kit for the saw?:confused: Did I screw up with the Bailey's kit?? The new cylinder is NiSi....seems like it should be ok to me.

Mike

DSCN1850.jpg

DSCN1851.jpg

DSCN1852.jpg

DSCN1853.jpg

Anybody need a good 6401/6400 topend?????

Mike

Mike,

Ol Buddy you MIGHT want to talk to Nik (Fatguy) before you do too much talkin' about your "KITA"!!!

By the way nice find and a great saw!!!

Mike

Good find!!!

You guys make it sound like I should have bought an OEM kit for the saw?:confused: Did I screw up with the Bailey's kit?? The new cylinder is NiSi....seems like it should be ok to me.

Mike

Should be fine, I just found that the price between the BB kit and the OEM is not that big of a jump in price for the increase in quality. I highly doubt I will wear it out though, so the point is kinda moot.

Latest posts

Back