Well got the Stihl ms361 back yesterday not happy at all

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea, but I bet you don't have a 55 like mine....:blob2:

I must admit your right, I don't have a 55 like yours , in fact like anyones, I just don't have one,LOLOL Not to be outdone though I did give one away a few weeks ago at the shop, needed a carb and string head. I even put the carb and string head on it for the guy and he was a happy camper..

Agreed.

He gave the Stihl dealer a chance and the Stihl Co. a chance and they couldn't or wouldn't fix it. If they can't fix something as simple as that they don't need to be in business.

I'd be upset too if I had over $600.00 in a new saw and it wouldn't work right.

Seems like some people are upset that he's talking bad about their favorite brand.

LOLOL, I have many favourite brands when it comes to tools. There's no such thing as a perfect world, and any manufacterer can have its problems. This saw had a minor technical problem and upset a man bigtime somewhere in Dakota, because his dealer (and the rep) were reportedly unable/unwilling to repair his saw. If that is the real case, Stihl is not worthy of this man's money.

However, I remember an identical story several months ago about a man with a famous 455 that could not be satisfied with any Stihl, just because. Bad dealer too. Same sh@t, different date.

Basing myself on his biased arguments, I say again that his story is incomprehensive, argumentative, and likely not reflecting the real chain of events. Too bad we cannot hear the other side of the story.

That personal opinion has nothing to do with brand loyalty, just sound reasoning.

attachment.php

Here ya go ND. Thats the saw I was telling you about. See this Stihl man is proving you all wrong about Stihl. I'm willing to make up all that greif you went thought by offering you a much bigger, like new saw for that problem 361 you got. Its like brand new and if you look close, under the 372 sits 2 more 361's. Mine are perfect, I can always use another one so whatcha say?

I don't think he even has a 361.Me thinks he is just a "troll":monkey: :monkey:

I'm wondering if the root cause is actually the high quality of Stihl products that lulled the dealer into thinking nothing could really be wrong with the product and the user was somehow at fault.

Could be. Some local Stihl dealers over here have developed an attitude that you should be thankful that they are willing to sell you a saw or parts. After all, it's a Stihl, you know. But there are very good ones too ; I know since I have one.

But again. I refuse to believe that this dealer was that bad as described. Tant possible he acknowledged the problem yet refused to repair it, or to correct a lean running saw under warranty. Maybe he just wanted to get rid of a pita customer :angrysoapbox:

Latest posts

Back