Well I did it! Made it officail! Now how do you hide your chainsaw purchases!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great thread Teddy, I like to read all the replies to see what others do and how their wives handle all the saw purchases. My wife of 26 years does not say much about my saws, she sees a few come in and only asked about the last 090 I got from the West Coast, she thought it was a big saw. Well she seldom drops over to the garage but she pulled a suprise visit a couple nights ago instead of calling me on the phone, she takes a quick glance around and then asks, how many saws you got now? Lucky for me there was less than 50 in view, she then remarked that she thought I actually had more than that. Wow, that went over real smooth. LOL
Pioneerguy600

Great thread Teddy, I like to read all the replies to see what others do and how their wives handle all the saw purchases. My wife of 26 years does not say much about my saws, she sees a few come in and only asked about the last 090 I got from the West Coast, she thought it was a big saw. Well she seldom drops over to the garage but she pulled a suprise visit a couple nights ago instead of calling me on the phone, she takes a quick glance around and then asks, how many saws you got now? Lucky for me there was less than 50 in view, she then remarked that she thought I actually had more than that. Wow, that went over real smooth. LOL
Pioneerguy600

That's cool!
Sounds like a good one their!
The thread turned out surprising well!
Plus the misses got a kick out of it! LOL

My wife doesn't complain or even ask because she knows all my hobbies bring in extra income and/or save us some money. Not to mention it keep the house nice and warm and makes some dang good bbq.

No room for BS

I would say keep it straight, and if there is a fair amount of slack in th ebudget for retail therapy, then no big deal. JUst so long as it doesn't impose hardship to feed the CAD beast. I already have all the saws I could ever want or need, so if I meet Ms. Right, she could see my shop and say, "You are a freak, but I love you anyway." I would then drop to one knee, pull a ring out of my pocket, and do sum serious proposin.' :love1:

So true. It works!!

When she starts counting saws, you start counting shoes....

I'm not into the hiding. Having one color of saw helps but is not necessary. Open and honest works. The shoe counting idea is a true stroke of genius.

Last week my wife gave me the first ever harassment about how many saws I have. She's great and was just prodding at me more than anything. She commented that I'd never even have time to run all of them. I was working on a saw at the time and quickly asked her why she needs 3 pairs of snowboard boots and 2 snowboards when she only goes boarding 2x's per year? The last pair of boots were bought during the xmas holidays. She didn't say anything.

One of her girlfriends called later. I heard her saying that I was "in the basement working on another saw". Then a pause and "I guess he has quite a few". Then a pause and "well I have 3 pairs of snowboard boots so I guess it all evens out". That's my girl. Sticking up for my saws to her gf's!!

Beautiful!!!!

Pioneerguy600

The real question is, would you have hidden saws if she had called in advance??:)

I'm not into the hiding. Having one color of saw helps but is not necessary. Open and honest works. The shoe counting idea is a true stroke of genius.

Last week my wife gave me the first ever harassment about how many saws I have. She's great and was just prodding at me more than anything. She commented that I'd never even have time to run all of them. I was working on a saw at the time and quickly asked her why she needs 3 pairs of snowboard boots and 2 snowboards when she only goes boarding 2x's per year? The last pair of boots were bought during the xmas holidays. She didn't say anything.

One of her girlfriends called later. I heard her saying that I was "in the basement working on another saw". Then a pause and "I guess he has quite a few". Then a pause and "well I have 3 pairs of snowboard boots so I guess it all evens out". That's my girl. Sticking up for my saws to her gf's!!

Beautiful!!!!

Nice! time will tell for me! But as of now, IT"S ALL GOOD! LOL

Beautiful!!!!

Nice.

Latest posts

Back