Well, I got a 562XP.......

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No it's not dealers should know a release date within 30 minutes of the first prototype being
constructed. And it's ok for AS nerds to start bugging dealers, atleast 3 months before the
new saw model is proposed at Husqvarna HQ. IT'S NEVER TOO EARLY!

Well, I asked about the 560 last november, but then waited until till I passed his shop in early march before I asked again. He looked at his dealer network, and found a release date later that month. Since that, it has been postponed about once a month, and the last date I got was oct 17. Now it is listed for sale at the public website, so the hopes are higher this time!

Anyway, I don't trust any planned rease dates, before it actually happened

Yeah I am not a total idiot on adjusting carbs but any of my next saws will definitely be autotune or the stihl version, really wanting a 35-45 cc light autotune saw, would pay top dollar.
I know as much about adjusting carbs as the next guy, but the last thing I want to do when I'm trying to get some work done is fart around with a saw. AT all the way.

personally, I tend to feel that 50cc is small enough though - but that could change........:msp_biggrin

Says the guy with a 339xp in his arsenal :laugh:

Says the guy with a 339xp in his arsenal :laugh:

It mainly was meant for my late wife, to use in the woods for limbs and smaller stuff - but I still find some use for it, when I have it anyway. I don't bring it much into the woods though, just for some thinning of saplings so far.

I agree with TK. I'm not the best at adjusting carbs and struggle to get a good tune, then worry if I'm too lean. Yep, AT all the way. My next saw will be a 560xp, and if it turns out as good as it's hyped, I doubt I'll use my other saws much.

Dang it Spike.....now I have to start buggin' my dealer about the release dates for the 550xp and the 543xp...they are going to lose her mind :dizzy:
-thanks for the updates :clap:

Remember, they are a year away, ASSUMING they stick to the PROJECTED release dates. The track record of which does not inspire a great deal of confidence. :msp_mellow:

No it's not dealers should know a release date within 30 minutes of the first prototype being
constructed. And it's ok for AS nerds to start bugging dealers, atleast 3 months before the
new saw model is proposed at Husqvarna HQ. IT'S NEVER TOO EARLY!

The replacement for the 562, the 762XP, is scheduled to be released in 2025. Guys are already asking me about 'em.

I'm takin deposits! :msp_thumbsup:

Last edited:
Remember, they are a year away, ASSUMING they stick to the PROJECTED release dates. The track record of which does not inspire a great deal of confidence. :msp_mellow:

May 2013. 1yr=16 mos in Swedish time. :msp_biggrin:

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

spike, don't forget to tell them about the 5140xp! 16lbs, 11.8hp, and comes standard with a 12-pin sprocket!

I need a 543xp to fill the void below the 346.

A 562xp, just because.

And a couple more 346s' before they're all gone.

:cheers:

I need a 543xp to fill the void below the 346.

A 562xp, just because.

And a couple more 346s' before they're all gone.

:cheers:

Ordered some 346's yesterday, and they're backordered til next month. Has more to do with the hurricane than guys loading up on them though. But I am curious as to how many my buddy ordered when he got back from Tuesdays meeting. ;)

One thing that surprises me about this thread is that the 543XP is creating more buzz than the 550XP. For what most of us do, the 550 is going to be the more useful saw. But since there are a gazillion 346's out there, I suppose that the 543 would be different enough that it would fill that nitche/void that you guys are talking about.

spike, don't forget to tell them about the 5140xp! 16lbs, 11.8hp,
and comes standard with a 12-pin sprocket!

I already own one.

048.jpg

Ordered some 346's yesterday, and they're backordered til next month. Has more to do with the hurricane than guys loading up on them though. But I am curious as to how many my buddy ordered when he got back from Tuesdays meeting. ;)

One thing that surprises me about this thread is that the 543XP is creating more buzz than the 550XP. For what most of us do, the 550 is going to be the more useful saw. But since there are a gazillion 346's out there, I suppose that the 543 would be different enough that it would fill that nitche/void that you guys are talking about.

I believe you are right regarding the 543xp vs. the 550xp - the 346xp is so good that it is hard to imagine the replacement is much improvement.....:msp_biggrin:

For all of you out there wondering when these new saws are coming out I can say that they have the 555s because I have already ordered and sold some of them. I have to tell you, it's a sweet running saw. The balance is awesome and the throttle respose is the fastest of any saw they have ever had. The antivibe is great, the saws are smooth as silk. I had a guy buy a 555 over a 357 because it was so much smoother and loves it so far. I had a prototype 562 last summer and the logger that had it loved it. Another point of interest is that the 555 has the small bar mount and the 562 has the large bar mount. For all of you wondering about the autotune, it works awesome. I had 3 prototype 575autos before the 576 and had no problems.

Latest posts

Back