Well i would not have believed it

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deye223

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Well i would not have believed it if i hadn't have seen it with my own eyes the vids say it all

[video=youtube;4GIsP9QWhlg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GIsP9QWhlg&feature=plcp[/video]

[video=youtube;P_0omWtbdgE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_0omWtbdgE&feature=plcp[/video]

She was mad about having a Stihl pull start handle grafted onto her and did it as an act of pure rebellion. Notice it occur near the offense. :msp_sneaky:

yea see it all the time
stick right on, gotta pry it off
after a few times and the clips wont hold it tight anymore
then a little duct tape is in order
i have no idea how it happens, and not every saw does it

She was mad about having a Stihl pull start handle grafted onto her and did it as an act of pure rebellion. Notice it occur near the offense. :msp_sneaky:

typical husky temperamental

yea see it all the time
stick right on, gotta pry it off
after a few times and the clips wont hold it tight anymore
then a little duct tape is in order
i have no idea how it happens, and not every saw does it

thanks will try that

Thats interesting champ.
Ya wont see that on a Stihl. haha

yep ya not wrong

Thats interesting champ.
Ya wont see that on a Stihl. haha

nope you wouldn't. they'll melt down to something you cant fix. and fast:potstir:
seen this a few times. a bit of grease around the tab will stop it.
ever wonder why when you buy a new echo and it has a bunch of grease around the covers? same reason.

no need to open that cover anyways, just make sure the chain runs - no maintenance required... :msp_wink:

I've got a 390 that did somthing very similar. I'll have to try the grease I guess.

hey rudi that was just 11/2 hours run time i cleaned it just after the last time i used it

Yeah I find that really strange, you would think husky had come across that before and found a fix for it. I will keep an eye on mine now also.

I ain't no expert; but it almost has to be heat generated from friction... friction from vibration... and the wrong plastic formulation for the application. My thinkin' is that Husky needs to be using a better grade of plastic in that application... or re-design the cover to work with the existing plastic. Either way... that's a serious design error that needs to be corrected.

Latest posts

Back