Well, it's been dead in here for a while.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.

being watched
Reaction score
I'm about to scatter my 181. I built the one I am running now.................. we'll just say that I need a better one.

It is going to be a stock appearing saw. For those that may not know that means an alky/nitro muffler saw (in the south anyways.)

It takes me a long time, but it just taaks too long to knock off three cuts now.

Fred

Keep us posted on how it comes along.
We have to burn gas in the stock appearing here.
There are a couple of shows that have a 90cc limit, ever had, or heard of anyone having any success with a 288xp?

Andy

Heck yeah. I would use a 288 for that class no questions asked.

Do they specify no power attitives and/or pump gas?

Fred

Just more plastic. Heck, in this place everyone is crying for a lighter saw.

Fred

I'm about to scatter my 181. I built the one I am running now.................. we'll just say that I need a better one.

It is going to be a stock appearing saw. For those that may not know that means an alky/nitro muffler saw (in the south anyways.)

It takes me a long time, but it just taaks too long to knock off three cuts now.

Fred

If that is my old saw be gentle with it.

Heck yeah. I would use a 288 for that class no questions asked.

Do they specify no power attitives and/or pump gas?

Fred

The only additive they will let us use is the mix oil, and it has to be pump gas.
It makes for a little slower race, I just try to make up for it a little in the chain.:chainsaw:
I've got an old 288xp I bought new in 89, might be fun to try a little learning experiment on her since it's been retired for a few years. Maybe me and Romeo will tear into it before too long.

Andy

this would be great, as i have a couple of 288xp's.

i have one apart at the moment and was wondering how the hell you guys port these things. not alot of room in there...

cheers,serg

Check a map Fred, you can't get more east coast than mine.

You're right. Now I need one from south of the border. Thanks for the assist on the trifecta.

I'll admit to being a typical US American. Every place in Canada must be directly north of Chicago. I'll take my lumps for being stupid.

Fred

Latest posts

Back