Went to the stihl dealer today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stihl Livin

I DON'T EVEN BURN WOOD
Reaction score
Only bought a few items for my 361 and 441 but asked about the 261c mtronic and he is going to call about when he will see them. Also looked at a used power pruner but he said the stihl was nicer but twice as much. Are they any good? Also looked at a stihl bg56ce for the wife. Can anyone give me some feed back on the blower as to how they like them? She hates dragging out a cord and I want something easy to start for her.

Would like to hear when they will be around, as I am not overly pleased with my 550

while stihls are my favorite chainsaw... im not impressed with their blowers.. if you have a local echo dealer, i think they are the most solid choice for blowers. if no echo, try redmax. both im my opinion are better than stihl (for blowers only)

I have a SH 86c-e shredder vac. It is basically the same machine as the BG 56. I like mine well. Primer bulb, two position choke, fully adjustable carb with limiter caps which can be trimmed or removed and then open the muffler.

I have a SH 86c-e shredder vac. It is basically the same machine as the BG 56. I like mine well. Primer bulb, two position choke, fully adjustable carb with limiter caps which can be trimmed or removed and then open the muffler.

I didn't get the vac kit with mine but i opened the muffler up too. It woke up what was already a pretty good blower.

Stihl BG55

I bought the BG55 Stihl blower a number of years ago and am very pleased with it...hundreds of hours on it. It's lightweight, ergonomically balanced, easy to start and reliable...even has 2 handles. Looked at a few other choices and found weight and balance issues.
I also bought the optional vac attachment. It works fine but I've only used it a couple times.

I bought a bg 55 used and fixed it up. I love it and starts easily. I bought the gutter kit and can clean my gutters in 30 mins on a 2 story house. I use my bg 550 for when have a lot of heavy leaves in the fall. I bought my dad the bg 56 and he absolutely loves his little blower.

bg 55, I have 2, one much older than the other, they are a bit cold natured, and need a muffler mod to run like they should, but really the best hand held blower I have ever used.

i have never used an echo blower, but I love my echo weed eaters so they cant be bad.

How do you do a MM on the blowers.

Just pull the exhaust stem out of the muffler, it has the spark arrestor screen on the inside of the stem. Stop there and tune, or proceed with actually modding the muffler.

Just pull the exhaust stem out of the muffler, it has the spark arrestor screen on the inside of the stem. Stop there and tune, or proceed with actually modding the muffler.

I did that and drill another hole the same size as the stock next to it after i gutted the muffler.

Bad choise if you want a 50cc saw for use in the Woods - but each to their own! :msp_wink:
As good a choice as the 346xp? Okay, you may win that debate, maybe. Bad choice for the woods? A lot of people swear by their ms260's and ms261's for woods use. But who am I? I don't put in 12 hour days with a chainsaw in my hands, may make a difference then, but bad choice?

I have a BG55 and it has treated me quite well. Please post a pick of the mm'd BG55, that sounds like it may be worth doing.

Only bought a few items for my 361 and 441 but asked about the 261c mtronic and he is going to call about when he will see them. Also looked at a used power pruner but he said the stihl was nicer but twice as much. Are they any good? Also looked at a stihl bg56ce for the wife. Can anyone give me some feed back on the blower as to how they like them? She hates dragging out a cord and I want something easy to start for her.

Have a bg55 for about 8 years now, great blower, no problems exc replaced primer bulb once, still starts on first pull...

Bob....:cheers:

Latest posts

Back